Chapter Seventeen

A/N HOW AMAZINGLY GOOD IS LIVE WHILE WE'RE YOUNG!!!! ITS BEEN ON REPLY SINCE IT CAME OUT!!!!! I ACTUALLY THINK I'M LOVE!!!!! Hahahaha enjoy this chappie :) TONIGHT LET'S GET SOME, AND LIVE WHILE WE'RE YOUNG!!!!

~Sian xx

maddies p.o.v

That was the phone call I had been dreading for years. The one I was hoping I would never receive.

"Hey." I whispered standing in the doorway to her hospital room. She looked up at me, her eyes conveying everything that had happened. They were filled with sadness and shame. She placed a sad, weak smile on her face and she raised her hand as if to wave hello. The sight of her was awful. Heavy bags hung below her eyes, her face looked weary, in her hand was a drip and that weird heart monitor thing was clipped on her thumb. I walked into the room and sat down in the seat that was placed on an inwards angle towards the hospital bed.

"So, do you wanna tell me what happened?" I asked. She shook her head in reply. She seemed so fragile jusy lying there in the bed. Like she would snap if touched.

"Do you wanna talk about what happened?" She shook her head again.

"Is there anything you need, Ari?"

"Just, please don't tell anyone." She croaked.

"I won't. I swear on my life." I said holding out my pinkie towards her. She grabbed my pinkie with hers and smiled back at me.

"Anything else?? You sound like you might need some water." She nodded. I got up and grabbed the cup of water that was sitting on the set of draws beside her bed. I placed the cup in front of her and spun the straw so that it was facing her mouth.

"I hate that you're seeing me like this." She said after finishing her entire cup if water

"I know." I sighed. She hated being seen when she was weak. She wanted people only seeing her as the strong, confident girl she usually is. She hated being perceived as weak and useless.But didnt we all??

"I'm sorry." She whispered so quietly I wouldn't have heard it if the room wasn't already silent.

"It's alright, Ari, it's alright." I said squeezing her hand.

I sat there saying nothing, just holding her hand, until the nurse came in alerting us the visiting hours were over. We hugged each other goodbye and I met Mum outside the room.

Ariana's p.o.v

As soon as I walked back into school on Monday I was smothered with hugs. From everyone. They each took their turn hugging me, wishing me happy birthday and handing me over presents even though I specifically said that I didn't want anything. No one questioned why I was away or asked what was happening which I was thankful for. When Harry came up to hug me, he held me longer than anyone else. It was comforting.

"I missed you." He whispered into my ear sending shivers down my spine.

"I missed you too."

"Happy birthday, love. you're gonna have to wait till after school for your present though." I could tell he was smirking even though I couldnt see him.

"Thanks, Hazza." I smiled. He pulled away from our hug and let the others finish giving me hugs and saying their happy birthdays. All together I got $80, 3 $20 iTunes gift cards, ridiculously dorky 'happy birthday' sunglasses, a bunch of flowers and an unknown mystery gift from Harry.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"Happy birthday!" Every one sung as Harry and I walked off to class. He grabbed my hand lacing his fingers with mine. I immediately became self concious when I realised how close he was to the scars that decorated the inside of my arm. I sucked in my breath praying to god he wouldn't notice them. He did.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked sincerely. I bit my lip.

"Not really." I shook my head. "It was just a moment of weakness, I guess. It wasn't anything big except a big mistake." I lied plastering a fake smile across my face.

"You sure?"

"Yep." I nodded

"Okay then. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here." He smiled

"Yeah, you and a million others." I joked and we completely dropped the subject.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

When three o'clock finally came, Harry dragged me out of maths, with no time to say goodbye to anyone, and dragged me to his car.

"Can you at least tell me where we're going?" I pleaded.

"Nope." He said popping the 'p.'

"Ugh, you know I hate surprises." I complained.

"Too bad." He winked briefly looking at me before returning his attention to the road in front of us.

"Fine." I sighed rolling my eyes.

When we finally got to the mystery location, I was still utterly confused. I had absolutely no idea where we were. I had never seen any of this anywhere before.

"Where are we?" I nagged.

"You'll see." He grinned. He was being very vague today. We sat on a park bench in the middle of a park in god knows where.

"So, what exactly is my present?" I asked hoping to get a clue as to what we were doing here. He just grinned in reply saying nothing.

"I'll be back." He said jumping up from the bench. He walked towards a person standing by a tree and shook hands. What was going on?? Harry began to walk back towards me with the strange person. Harry had a grin from ear to ear as he led the person towards me. I still couldnt work out who it was. When Harry and mystery-person were finally close enough for me to actually see them, I realized who the mystery person was. My jaw nearly hit the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!!! Sorry for another cliffie, just kidding ;) haha hope you enjoyed the chappie. Who do you think the mystery person is?? Fan, comment, vote. whatever floats your boat. I wrote this on my phone so if something doesn't make sense, blame autocorrect. I went through and edited it but there might be something I didn't pick up. Seeing as I did anither cliffie, I promise another upload today or tomorrow :) Love you all!!

~Sian xx

P.s WOOO HOLIDAYS!!!!!