Chapter Twenty Four

A/N So I had absolutely no idea what to write in this chapter. I've rewritten it three times. I wasn't sure whether to make a filler chapter or actually write something of importance so I came up with this. So yeah. Oh it also occurred to me I have not been accounting for the seasons cause I totally forgot it snows in England... whoops. So I’ll try to make the next chapters season appropriate.

~Sian xx

Nialls p.o.v

“So what do you reckon I do about the Maddie situation?” I asked Ari over the phone.  She and Maddie were the only two people I had told about me liking Maddie and Ari was always good at giving advice so I figured she’d be alright to turn to.

“I think you two need to talk.” She stated.

“Well thank you Captain Obvious.” I retorted.

“Well, what do you want me to say Niall? I don’t know how to make things better. You need to sort out your shit with her. Find out where you two stand. You need to figure this out on your own Niall. I can’t just give you the answers because I don’t know them” She sighed into the speaker. Scratch what I just said, she sucked at giving advice.

“Fine, fine. Thanks anyway, talk to you later.”

“Yep, bye Niall!” Click. The call disconnected and I was left with silence and my own thoughts. Ugh, things with Maddie will never be the same. No matter how much we say we’re friends and everything is back to normal, it won’t be. Why did I have to tell her I liked her? Bloody hell what is wrong with me?

 I had a perfectly good thing going on and I messed it up royally. Zzzz. Zzzzz.  I grabbed my phone off my desk and slid my finger across the screen to unlock it.

Hey, I know I'm probably the last person you wanna talk to at the moment, but I think we need to talk.

~Mads xo

My fingers quickly found the keys before my brain registered what I was doing.

Yeah. I guess we have a few things to work out.

~Niall x

Starbucks?

~Mads xo

15 minutes?

~Niall x

See ya there

~Mads xo

I quickly grabbed my hoodie form my wardrobe and threw it on as well as my Nike high tops.

“I’m going out Mum.” I called running out the door. What did Maddie wanna talk about? Right, stupid question. How about  the fact that I’m in love with her and she’s falling for Zayn more and more. I came to a halt in front of Starbucks.

“Geez, it’s cold today.” I heard that familiar Kiwi accent that always stood out.

“Nah. It’s not too bad.” I teased. I was lying. It was absolutely freezing.

 “It’s snowing! I think that means it’s cold!” She rebutted.

“The let’s go inside and get some coffee.” I suggested. I opened the door for her and followed her inside.

“Hi, can I please get a white hot chocolate.” She ordered.

“Make that two, thanks.” I added.

We grabbed our coffees and headed towards a corner booth. It was awkward. Like the kind of awkward when you’re in a room with no one you know and you aren’t sure whether you should introduce yourself to anyone or just look like a loner.