Chapter 35

The core four was in the morgue. Evie helped Mal to get rid of the bag she was covered with. "God, these things stink."

"Maybe because normally there aren't alive people here except the nurses." Evie stated.

"Your point."

"Okay guys, let's get outta here." Carlos said. They got in the car. Jay was driving.

"Hope you don't mind I told Lonnie. I couldn't just disappear like this. We have a child now."

"It's not a problem. She probably won't tell anyone."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The group stopped at Hades' place. "We need to know how to summon a vision." Mal said.

"Okay, should I even ask what is going on or it's useless cause you won't tell me."

"It's complicated, alright."

"Well, I don't want to disappoint you but I don't know how. Why would you even ask me?"

"You are a greek god, we were kinda having high hopes." Evie told him.

"So, is there any place we can find or read something about magic? But a little more not so popular and hidden." Carlos asked.

"Let me think. Yeah, I might know some."

"Great. But can you write it down quick? Time is a worse enemy now." Jay said.

"You'll probably know after watching today's news. Just don't freak out, we're all fine." Mal said and they left. "Now, we'll have to call a friend for some help."

"Who? Why?" The others asked.

"Audrey."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mal was telling Audrey. "Listen, I know it's hard. But we faked my death and we can't go back. At least not now. Please, we need you to do this."

"So, let me get this straight. You want me to tell the media that you three" she pointed Evie, Carlos, and Jay. "have died in a car crash a few hours after you" she looked at Mal. "died because of a faint."

"Yep, that's pretty much it." Evie said.

"And why are you doing this? Won't your partners be worried and sad for you?"

"Lonnie knows the plan." Jay told Audrey.

"Actually, hope you don't mind I told Jane. I wanted her not to worry."

"Doug is quite busy with his relatives, so he won't find out soon. I hope."

"Ben thinks I'm dead, I know he's taking it hard, but we have no choice."

"And why do you have no choice?"

"The thing going on is magical. Nobody understands. We promise everything will be okay in the end."

"Fine. But you owe me big."