Chapter 20

Mal went back to the office when she and Ben agreed to meet for the date

Mal went back to the office when she and Ben agreed to meet for the date. "Why did you give me a dress? Please tell me we won't go to a restaurant or something." the purple-haired girl told him.

"Gotta admit you look gorgeous in it and don't worry I'm planning something quiet."

"I like it."

The two walked to the castle's garden and sat on a bench. Evie was hiding behind a bush, so she can see what's going to happen. "So, I think you and paperwork don't get along." he said.

"Really? I haven't noticed!" Mal mumbled sarcastically.

"However, there are lots of it and I can't manage being both at work and with you and Bella."

"You're going to choose work, aren't you? Listen, that's your decision, not mine, so I'll stay out of it."

"Actually, I've talked with my parents before checking on you and they were really glad to do it instead of me because their grandchild would love to have both its parents' attention while growing up." the two hugged each other.

"They seriously did that?!" the boy nodded. "Oh my, they are awesome!"

"So, do you want to walk around a bit?"

"Sure, just a minute," Mal said and took off her shoes. Ben looked at her confused. "What? I haven't worn heels for about a year."

"Did you learn that from Rapunzel or Moana?" Evie giggled quickly covering her mouth. "Wait, what was that?"

"I'll deal with it later." the purple-haired girl told her husband realizing only her sister would spy like this. "Now, are going for that walk or what?"

"Barefoot in October?"

"It's not that cold plus you have shoes."

"Okay, okay." he said and took her hand.

"Just one thing -" Mal turned a bit. "Evelyn Grimhilde Dwarfson get out of those bushes and go see your children instead of spying on me!" The blue-haired girl mumbled something, got up from where she was hiding and headed in the opposite direction that the couple was going in. "Thanks! Wanna come for coffee tomorrow?"

"Alright."

"Seriously? I mean, I know you didn't have phones back on the isle, but I thought you understood how they work." Ben said.

"I was just using the situation we were in."

"Okay, whatever floats your boat."