Chapter 11

At the mall.

Mal quickly spotted where Jane and Lonnie were. "Umm, Jay how about you continue looking here and just go and check something over there?" guessing by that he didn't reply and was on his phone the purple-haired girl went to see Jane. Jane saw her too and told Lonnie something to keep her busy for a while.

"Okay, what's the plan?" she asked.

"Well, Jay is there." Mal showed her friend. I suggest you tell Lonnie you saw some cute outfits over there and we wait." That's what the girls did. They hid and watched what will happen. Lonnie tripped on Jay's foot and was about to fall, but luckily he looked up from his phone and caught her.

"I'm so sorry!" they both said at the same time. "Wait, that's you..." there was a silent moment.

"What are you doing here?" Lonnie finally asked.

"Mal needed someone to choose baby outfits with."

Lonnie cursed something under her breath.

"What?"

"Jane and I went shopping..."

"You think they..."

"Yep."   

"Time to run?" Jane whispered to Mal. She nodded her head. The two ran out of the store.

"That's them!" Lonnie shouted and started running.

"Oh, come on!" Jay mumbled and ran after her.

The next few moments were pretty fun to watch. Mal and Jane were running as fast as they could. Lonnie was not so far behind them but then she bumped into a little girl with ice cream, which got on her T-shirt. Jay tried to be as fast as the others but slipped on some spilled juice. The two girls were already at the mall exit when Lonnie went to help Jay.

"You need a hand?" she asked and helped him get up.

"Thanks. Nice shirt by the way." he joked. "What's the flavor?" she giggled.

"From what I see it's mint."

They walked around the mall. "Look, I'm really sorry." Jay said.

"About what?" the girl asked.

"I was really acting like an overprotective mom. I must have let you train, still, it's your body."

"It's not only your fault. I was stubborn. We had to discuss it more. Let's get back together, okay?" he kissed. "I'll take that as a yes."