Chapter 32

"Okay, I suppose you should push now." the doctor told Lonnie. She did. "It's a girl."
The baby wasn't crying. The room was silent and even a fly could've been heard. Both Lonnie and Jay wee praying just to hear one cry. Finally, a loud one filled the room. They sighed in relief. "What would you name her?"

"I think I like Jennifer. Do you?" the girl turned to her boyfriend.

"Sounds nice. Jennifer Lynn Thiefsen."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The family was now playing Scrabble. Evie's phone rang. She picked up hoping it'll be someone who talks a lot. "Hello, Evie Grimhilde speaking."

"Oh, hi. It's Ben. How do I tell you...Mal isn't very good..." that's all she needed to hear.

"Doug. Doug." she whispered. He said he'll go to the kitchen for a minute and went to talk with her.

"What's wrong?"

"Mal isn't feeling very well and she probably needs her sister, so can I take the car for a while?"

He didn't agree, but she called Jane and begged her to take her to Auradon. That plan worked.

"Okay, so why is she in a hospital?" Evie asked.

"Umm, she has some problems." Jane said.

"Problems?"

"Nothing that serious." Evie raised an eyebrow. "You'll see."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"E!" Mal exclaimed.

"Hi. Why are you in a hospital?"

"Don't even ask. Ben's imagining that I'm sick."

"I see. How about we go and change you into something better, maybe check on Bella, drink some coffee..." Ben came into the room that moment.

"Good news and bad news." he said. "Good news - all are the results for rare deceases are negative. Bad news is we still don't know what's going on."

"Yeah, and that's why we are gonna have some sister time."

"But-"

"Do you have any proof that Mal's sick."

"Well, no-"

"That is what I thought. Are we going?" the girl took her sister's hand and they walked out. They haven't reached the end of the corridor when Mal felt dizzy. She fainted again. "Mal?" Evie asked worried. "Nurse someone!" she shouted. "M, what is wrong with you?"