Chapter 34

(time skip - a week)

The core four was in Mal's hospital room. "I swear this became something my like second home. The bad thing is almost everyone coming here is for a blood sample or a test result."

"They don't believe it's from your magic." Carlos asked. She nodded.

"You can use magic here, but almost no one else does, so that's why people don't trust your version." Evie explained.

"Exactly."

"Well, if you die from all those tests - don't worry. We'll make you a good funeral." Jay joked.

"If I die...You're genius!"

"It was a joke."

"Guys, I have a brilliant plan how to get outta here but I need your help. Are you in?" Mal announced.

They all agreed.

"So, I'll make it look as I'm dead. Evie, you'll make sure Ben won't suspect a thing. Carlos - you hack the monitors so they show I have no pulse. Then the nurses will move me to the morgue. Then Jay gets a car and we all go in it. What happens next, I'll tell you later. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Yeah, okay."

"Sure."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours have passed

"Are you sure you want to do this? You know we can't just go back if you mysteriously disappear when you were supposed to be dead." Evie whispered to Mal few minutes before their scene was going to start.

"I know. But I'm sure. This can't keep happening. I need answers." the blue-haired girl nodded. She checked her watch.

"Two minutes - get ready." The sisters saw Ben coming close to the room. They pretended to chat about something. Evie, carefully looking at the watch on her wrist, whispered. "Now."

The purple-haired girl 'fainted'. "Oh no. Not again." Ben said and went for the doctor.

Mal held her breath. She didn't had to do it for too long cause Carlos was already in the system. As the doctor saw that the heart beat is deceased, she moved away from Mal's body.

"What happened? Why are you not doing anything?" Evie asked as she didn't knew.

"I'm sorry but queen Mal... doesn't have a heartbeat. Which means-"

"She is gone." Ben said quietly. He walked out of the room crying. Evie followed him.

"Look, if you need someone to talk to I'm here."

"I just lost my wife, the mother of my child. Do you think I even want to breathe right now?!" Evie was both happy and sad, the plan has worked but Ben was so broken. The girl decided to act a little more.

"She is...was my sister. It's hard on me too, but she was the bravest person I knew. I know if she has the chance she'll come back."

"How Evie?! She died."

"She'll find a way. I'm sure." she said and walked away. Evie called Jay. "The king is fine, let's go for her." She said under her breath.