Chapter 18

Jay and Lonnie were going home from a doctor's appointment. "So, you don't want to know the gender?" Jay asked. 

"Nope. I want it to be a surprise." she casually replied.

"And it's not because you had a bet with someone and you don't want to know if you're losing it or not?"

"I hate when you know me too well!"

"I do, so just look from the good side - for example, maybe not everyone can guess that you're pregnant but I know that. And I also know that you want ice cream."

"Actually, you're wrong."

"I am?"

"Yes, you are. I'm feeling about a burger with..." 'please don't say with jam' the boy told himself. "...with raspberry jam." 

"Great."

"What? Did I do something wrong?"

"No. Just your food choices are killing me."

"Well, this is what the baby wants to eat and it's not only mine so, it's your fault too."

"Never giving up, huh?"

"Definitely not." the girl replied. The two just stared in each other's eyes. Then they kissed. "So, are we going?" 

"Yeah." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lonnie was now eating a burger with jam and the couple was walking around a park. "So, I'm 24 weeks pregnant even if it's not obvious and I think we shouldn't wait for more," she said and took a bite of the burger.

"Wait for what?" Jay asked.

"Telling my parents."

"Are you sure about that?" 

"Yup, they need to know."

"But they're going to kill me!" 

"Come on, it won't be so bad. Also, we gotta tell your dad too."

"Nah, he won't take it well."

"Alright, but we're going to my parents this week. The bus tickets are for tomorrow." 

"Tomorrow when?"

"Tomorrow at seven."

"Seven a.m.?! But it's five p.m. now! Wait, did you buy the tickets without asking me?!"

"I'll use something you said - I know you and I also know if you care for me then you'll have no problem with that." 

"Ugh, why do you have to win every argument?" 

"This is not an argument and I just do." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mal was at Ben's office again cause their fight was still not over. She was so tired and annoyed by people asking her dumb questions and going to council meetings. Evie, on the other hand, was doing great Doug was helping her with the twins. She decided to call her sister to check if she's alright. The girl guessed she isn't because when she called asking 'M, how are you?' Mal replied something like 'Dear person, I don't even care what you need from me just leave a message like the others and let me finish my work!" 

Evie went to the castle and saw Mal sitting in the office writing a letter, talking with someone on the phone and drinking probably her fourth cup of coffee at the same time. The blue-haired girl took the cup and put away. "No, this is my coffee and I need it!" Mal tried to stop her, but the person she was talking on the phone with got confused. "No, not you. Can you email me later?" and before even hearing a reply she hung up. "Evie, what are doing here?"

"Saving you from losing your mind." Mal gave her a look. "What happened?" Evie asked taking Mal's hands. 

"Ben and switched places. I told him his paperwork was easy and we came up with this. But it turned out not so easy and I'm an idiot..."  the blue-haired girl pulled her sister in a hug.

"No, you're not. We all have fights and arguments. Just stay here and I'll fix the mess!" 

"E, you don't have to do that. It's my mess." 

"You're my sis, that makes it my mess too."

"That's not even-" but Evie was already out of the room.