Chapter 5

Next day at Doug and Evie's.

"So, I'm going to see Mal for a while, but I'll definitely be back in a few hours, so you must start building the cribs. If you need help call someone, alright?"

"Yup. Don't worry I can totally do this!" Doug lied. He needed help but decided not to tell Evie that.

"Great!" she replied and took her bag. The girl tried to tie her sneakers but her stomach was getting in the way. "Also, can I get some help over here, please?"

"Sure." Doug tied her shoes. "Done."

"Thanks! I love you!" Evie said and kissed him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey! Long time no see. How are you doing?" Evie said when she saw Mal going out from the castle with a stroller. "Ooh, Bella's here too!" she squealed and hugged her sister.

"We're great."

"Ben's working again I suppose."

"Yup. I think he forgot his promise to spend more time with us. Though he was with me and this sweetheart yesterday."

"You know, if you need me to beat him up just say."

"I know. But still, don't. I don't want your water to break while you're fighting your brother-in-law."

"Okay, though guessing by the way these guys are kicking I'm pretty sure they want to be out of me sooner."

"You don't mean you're having contractions, right?" Mal asked worriedly.

"Nope. Don't worry!" the purple-haired girl sighed in relief. "Anyways, how's your husband doing?"

"He's fine. When I left he was starting to build the baby cribs."

"You mean Doug?"

"Yea, who else?"

"But like the Doug that can cook, clean and helps you with Evie's 4 hearts?"

"Why are you acting like you don't know him?"

"Cause I'm sure he can't lift a hammer by himself."

"Oh please, it's not like that!"

"Really? Who fixed the table in your studio?"

"...me."

"Who changes the light bulbs when needed?"

"...again me. Still, there must be something Doug did!"

"Oh yeah, who is terrified of our father and runs away from him all the time?"

"...well, that was him. But in his defense, now he isn't that scared. Plus how hard can it be to score two nails into few pieces of wood?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Mal guessed, Doug barely managed to lift the hammer. He tried to assemble the first crib but it fell apart before he even touched it. He sighed and redid the wooden structure for at least the sixth time since he started. The boy didn't want to admit that he couldn't do the job on his own but he had to cause it was obvious his technique wasn't working. He tried to call Carlos but he didn't pick up. Then he tried with Jay - still no answer. He called Harry but with no luck. Finally, he hesitated before doing it but he called Hades. The boy gulped after his father-in-law picked. "H-h-hey! It's Doug, I am so sorry if I'm interrupting something but there's this little problem I have here...and I will be so thankful if you can come...Yeah...You're on your way already? That's great!" then he hung up. "I'm going to regret this, won't I?"

Descendants 5: Life's sweeter than we thoughtOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara