Chapter 19

Evie found Ben, who was unsuccessfully changing his daughter's dirty diaper. "What do you think you're doing?" she asked.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" he answered.

"Torturing a little creature." the girl said taking Bella from his hands, putting her on the changing table, which he probably didn't even know what was for. The baby sat on it and looked into Evie's eyes. She giggled. "Yes, auntie Evie is here!" Evie said in a baby voice.

"Seriously?! She recognizes you!"

"She doesn't recognize you? That's not a good sign." 

"Okay, what are doing here in the first place?"

"Making sure you won't kill yourself or the six-month old. I wanted to see how Mal's doing and she is barely in one piece."

"So, my job's not so easy, huh?"

"Forget the stupid games and grow up. She needs help and so do you. Admit you can't do what the other can and work together from now on. You seriously turned into an idiot who stays on a desk 24\7. I'm puzzled how Mal hadn't left you already!" his face was a mix of sadness, fear, and guiltiness. "Why are you looking at me like that? Go and apologize!" he tried to say something but she didn't let him. "Now! Do I need to show the entrance?" Ben followed the instructions. "I'll look after Bella, you go and take Mal on a date and show her that you care!" he walked out of the room. Mrs. Potts came in.

"Did I miss something?" she asked. The two sat on the couch next to the little table with Evie holding the baby on her lap.

"Not much. Just me trying to fix my sister's relationship." The woman nodded. "I don't get one thing. Why am I the scary one? I mean, I'm technically a demigod but so is Mal. Other than that I have a few needles and pincushion. Mal can turn into a freaking dragon, Uma can be half octopus, Jane is a fairy and Lonnie can cut your head off with a sword."

"Life is just like that. Sadly, we can't always change it. But don't worry Evie, you're certainly the most adorable scary woman I've ever seen." the blue-haired girl chuckled. "And from what I see children adore you. I bet you are a good mom."

"Thanks but Doug helps me too. I would've been lost otherwise. Now, do you want to spy on Mal and Ben with me?"

"Sorry, but I think as a sixty-five year old female I'll stay here and watch after this baby over here." Evie nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ben walked into the office. "Listen, Mal I'm so sorry!" The girl looked up from the computer. "I had to remember that I do have family and that you need me."

"You shouldn't apologize. The idea for this was mine. And let's be honest it's dumb."

"No, you had the full right to do this. Still, Bella's not only your child and the kingdom is not only my responsibility. How about we do things together from now on?"

"You couldn't survive a day of a dad, could you?"

"I didn't. But that's going to change I promise. And this is not a fake promise."

"How can I be sure?"

"You can't. I guess you'll have to trust me once again."

The girl stood up from the desk. "You if lie to me I swear I'll break a few bones of yours." he gave a nervous smile. They hugged each other. "Do you think it wasn't a good thing?" she asked.

"What?"

"Having a child so early."

"No, we loved each other, and I think we still do, don't we?"

"We do." she kissed him. "I've always loved you and I always will even if sometimes I hate that I do."

"Like when?"

"When someone leaves me about thirty two emails to reply to."

"Oops. How about we go out on a date and I'll make up for that?"

"Fine."