Chapter 23

It's been quite a while since Audrey got arrested and it was finally time that she was able to get out of jail. Those were the most horrible few months of her whole life. As a princess, the grossest thing she had ever done was ruining a dress and being locked up with two really scary women in a small room where you couldn't even get the privacy to go to the toilet on your own was a horrible nightmare. The girl understood she wasn't flawless (no matter she wanted to) and had found out that she had indeed made some mistakes, though that wasn't the only thing she had found out, but we'll talk about that later, anyway, Audrey has been counting the days till she gets her freedom back, though she knew everything will never be the same again, cause not everyone almost destroys a kingdom and kidnapps the pregnant queen on Christmas, right?

Mal and Ben were eating breakfast. Suddenly, the puple-haired girl remembered about Audrey getting out of jail soon. Even worse - she was considered dangerous for the kingdom, so the king or queen had to give her instructions how to behave properly and not cause trouble. Deep in thoughts Mal almost dropped her coffee.

"Anything wrong?" Ben asked. "Hello, earth to Mal?"

"Oh, yeah, everything's totally fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Definitely."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ben looked at some newspapers left on the table. Apparently, Audrey going to be free again was a big deal for the citizens too and it was in one of the papers. That's when the boy's mind clicked. He found his wife, who was playing with Bella. "I'm such an idiot!"

"You are? Why?"

"Audrey. I forgot."

"Oh, that."

"Don't act like it's not bothering you."

"Fine. But just a little."

"A little?"

"I mean we'll never be sure what is on her mind or if she wants to turn bad again but that won't be a problem cause a purple dragon might burn her down..." Ben gave her a look. "Which it wouldn't do because it's so immature to do this."

"Hey, I'm here for you."

"I know, and someone has a dirty diper. I'll give you a hint it's not me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Audrey got driven by a limo with a few guards and with handcuffs. Mal looked at Ben who gave her a sign everything will be fine. "Hello, glad you could make it." she said and then slightly removed the handcuffs.

"Same to you." Audrey said politely. "I really apologize for everything I've done."

"We all make mistakes." Ben said.

"Queen Mal, I was wondering if you, of course your plans for the day fit, would like to have a coffee with me later?"

"Sure."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why did you agree?!" Ben asked.

"What? You're not scared for me, are you?"

"No, of course not." she raised an eyebrow.

"Come on, she can't hurt a fly!"

"So, kidnapping three people is less than killing a fly?"

"Anger doesn't let you think straight...actually, jealousy."

"What if she still hates you?"

"I'll take my chances as a dragon demigod."

"Don't worry Bennyboo, I'm a big girl!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mal saw Audrey and sat on the table. "You wanted to have coffee with me."

"I did. You have no idea how better not wearing one jumpsuit is. Let's say orange's not my color. Not even going mention that I couldn't dye my hair."

"Yeah, that's obvious."

A waitress brang the two coffees. The purple-haired girl smelled it making sure it's safe.

"Did you really think I'll poison you? Listen, Mal, I can't stop feeling guilty, and know you won't forgive me...and that's right because I messed up. I really did. I just want to say sorry one more time. Also, I was wrong for Ben too, I see how he looks at you, he never looked at me like that. You guys are the one meant to be. I bet you're a great mom too."

"Thanks, I suppose. You're forgiven."

"Can I tell you something? But you'll have to not tell anyone."

"Don't worry. Anything will be safe with me."

"Okay, umm I was wondering for advice on childbirth...Chad and I kind of..."

"Oh my god, congrats!" She hugged her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Uma was staring at a little something...more like a pregnancy test. "God, that can't be..." she mumbled after seeing the two lines.