5: Frank

Greek/Latin are bold italics

Enjoy!!!

Word count- 1210
____

Great Hall-

After we all got our robes, we walked down to the great hall with McGonagall and sat at our tables.

I was with Reyna and Hazel. But we also had Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville, Seamus, and Dean, wait....
"DEAN!!!"
"FRANK!"
I gave him a really big bear hug, not a real bear hug, what would be hard to explain.

"How are you? I haven't seen you since your trip to Canada, what? 5-6 years ago!" I asked.

"I'm great! And wow, you've changed so much! Now you look like you could be an American football player." He said getting quieter.

____
Hazel pov-

While Frank was talking to his friend Dean, I started to learn more about Padma Patil.

Apparently she has a twin sister in Ravenclaw and it's very rare to half a set of twins in two different houses.

____
Reyna pov-

I was listening to Ginny rant about how rude and bratty Harry was being on the opposite end of the table from everyone else.

Ugh, this is why I don't date guys.

____
Jason pov-

The Hufflepuffs are so nice! I made a friend with a short 8th year named Georgia

____
Conversation with Georgia-

"Hello!" A random Hufflepuff said.

"Hello!" I said back, "What's your name?"

"George, but I don't like that name so my parents call my Georgia." She said back.

"What's your name?" She asked, changing the subject.

"Jason" I tell her, "Why don't you like the name George?"

"It's to gender-constricted, Georgia is a name that could be for anyone!" She exclaimed.

Then I thought of something,

"what are your pronouns?" I asked.
"I'm so glad you asked! I prefer They, Them." they said after a minute

"Welcome to hogwarts!" They hugged me.

____
Percy pov-

Jason went to go sit with a 8rd year with a short, side shaved auburn hair, freckles, tan skin, and the darkest brown eyes I've ever seen, except Nico. She was short, about 5'1. I went to go sit with Nico.

____
Nico pov-

Percy came and sat with me while we waited for McGonagall to start talking.

Same Old Boring Speech Later

She sat down the hat we had just had on our head a few minutes ago and it started to sing-

You may not think I'm pretty
But that won't matter to me
For I am the hogwarts sorting hat
And that's what I'll always be
Once upon long ago
There were four of the best friends
For Rowena and Helga never left there sides
But what upon old Gryffindor?
And his brother like Slytherin?
You see they share one big dream
To teach their younger kin
For they made this good old school
Known as hogwarts to all thee,
Where seven years of learning
And then you're best upon your way
have have the house Gryffindor for brave
The Wise of Ravenclaw
We will always need the Kind of Hufflepuff
And our Cunning old Slytherins
But did they ever think old rivalries
Will make them drift apart?
Recently in common years
Where we will always know
The battle that we had here
Will never be forgot
But that is not why you are here
But to have another year
For some that this may mean there last
But to some this just begun
So be ready for the love
And hope of the best
The stairs we have to walk upon
Will always know the way
The paintings we have are always here
So if you need a hand
You could talk to one of us
Because we know of all the stress you're feeling
For the battle you did things you have never done
But for now I'll just be sorting
For I'm the thinking cap!!!

Loud applause came from every corner of the room but all I could think of is the line of the song things you have never done
Maybe I will tell Will about it later, he is always a good listener. Gods, Will the greatest person ever, always so kind and helpful, he can be annoying but in a loving way. I stared off into space, thinking about Will's bright blue eyes and charming smile.

"Watcha thinking about Neeks?" Percy asked
"Don't call me that, and the song." I said, slightly irritated that he was still using that stupid nickname, but still bright red.

____
After Dinner w/ Slytherins
____
Piper pov-

After dinner we went down to the dungeons where our common rooms sits.

When we got inside, all I could say was,

"Wow! It's beautiful!"

It had stone walls with paintings all over, one wall and the sealing were all completely glass, looking into the black lake. A green shaggy carpet and silver velvet couches were everywhere. There was what looked like a hundred blankets lying around because how cold it was down here. All in all, the Slytherin common room looked very comfortable and happy. With that in mind, I headed up to bed for the night along with Thalia and Will went up to the boy's dorm.

____
Leo pov-

After the prefect took us up to a painting, it asked us a question, no, a riddle.

I can eat but have no mouth, I go to sleep but have no bed, and can be stopped at the press of a single button

I thought and thought, my mind going a mile a minute. Finally it clicked and I shouted from the back, "a...MACHINE!" And the painting swung open.

"Nice job Valdez" Cho said.

When we go inside the common room it opened up into a circular room with dark blue velvet carpet with window seats on almost every wall. On the parts of the wall that aren't covered, there are books upon books with moving latters everywhere. In the middle of the room was a round fireplace with bronze arm chairs all around with desks and lamps on the side. I could get used to this I thought.

____
Hazel pov-

Lots and lots of stairs later, we made it to a portrait with a woman who's hair was in a big bun and wearing a long white dress.

"Password?" She asked calmly.

"Persephone's Darkness" Ron said.

It was a very big and cozy, but all red and gold. There were couches around the fireplace and desks and chairs and tables everywhere. I decided to go up to bed. I put my wand on the side table before turning off my light.

____
Jason pov-

We didn't have to walk far, because our common room was right next to the kitchens. All you have to do to get in is kick the right barrel. When we walked in, I was amazed. The walls were white but covered in moving banners and pictures. The common room had beautiful soft yellow carpet. They had couches, papasans, and beanbags all around stacked fireplaces. There were even floating couches! I decided jet lag was going to get the best of me sooner or later so I headed up to bed.

____

Hello Friends!

This may be the longest chapter for a while but I hope not!

Did you like my sorting song?

Have a wonderful morning, afternoon, or night!

Love y'all,

JJ out!❤️