Chapter 11: The Knight from the Sovereign Military Order of Malta

Start from the beginning

She climbed in paying the driver in Euros as she closed the door behind her. As the taxi drove off and turned on Route 6 heading and merged onto Route1.She looked out the window

Wondering had her grandfather gotten her into. She had never met him because she wasn't even born yet or even around then. But stories about him from her parents.

The Knight watched through his binoculars as the taxi drove off. He knew where she was heading, there was no question on mind. It was Midna. A few minutes later they were headed into the Midna.

The taxi pulled up not Midna as Leslie stepped out and looked Malta's most haunting beautiful fortified city-a medieval citadel built on Arab and Roman foundation nicknamed the silent city.

She looked back as the taxi sped off. She started walking toward the Midna gate then glanced at St Paul's cathedral.

She knew the history of the cathedral. That stood on the site of the villa of the Roman Governor Publius was converted to Christianity by St Paul.

Luckily she had her Colt 1911 tucked in behind her jacket that she was wearing. Just in case that hitman decided to come after her here. She walked through the gate blending into a crowd of people walking.

She ventured down the silent street on her way to the Tales of the silent city souvenir that was in a baroque two-story old looking building with sliver Knights statues out front and a bronze sign that tales of the Silent City. With a wooden sign above the door that said 'MDINA AUDIO VISUAL SHOW KNIGHT'S SOVIENER'

She strolled into the front of the entrance looking around at all the souvenirs in there. When a medium size woman looked up with short long curly and dark blue looked up from the cashier from helping costumers. Her expression was shocked and surprised when she saw the daughter looking around inside the souvenir shop.

She quickly walked over to Leslie saying"What are you doing back here, you know that you both of us in danger now from the Hospitallers"

Leslie said"Mom I need to know what my grandfather left for me and why Mr. Kenton sent some assassins after me for"

Crista de Vallette Francisco froze for a second before saying"

Your grandfather left a letter with something vital in it that's all I know. As for Victor Kenton he and your father were arguing something to with that letter and The Order. To whatever it was I don't know. But GrandMaster Kenton is a very dangerous man"

Leslie thought for a moment a letter what could be so important about it, that a GrandMaster of the hospitallers would argue with my father. Second what was in it that so vital?

Leslie said"Mom where is the letter that my grandfather left me, is at St John Co-cathedral"

Crista Fransico said"No honey not there your father knew that GrandMaster Kenton would search for it there, he has hidden someplace that only the knights of Malta knew about it and meant to them"

Leslie thought for a moment before she said" Fort St Angelo or the GrandMaster palace. It had to be one of two places"

Crista said"Fort St Angelo Sweetie but be careful the hospitallers killed your father when they didn't what they wanted from him. They are corrupt and inept"

Leslie said"Mom I can handle myself you know, still I never my grandfather and I wasn't even around that far back"

Crista said"Sweetie I know you never him, but he must you were important to him back then if you wrote the letter to you"

Leslie said" How did my grandfather know that I was going to be important"

Crista paused for a moment before saying"Honey let's just the say that he had feeling Okay"