Two

"It has been three hundred and five days since your last uplink." Fisting my hands, I let my gaze drop to the ground. "That is," the soft, calm voice paused briefly, "four-point zero six six six cycles."

Annoyed, I swallowed down the next bottle of what Chris somewhat affectionately called "Nickelodeon Slime". It tasted terrible but offered a laundry list of needed vitamins, minerals, proteins and electrolytes. Basically, the nasty green substance kept my system running and if I wanted to function properly, it meant drinking 72 ounces of it, once a week.

For shits and giggles, I asked, "what is the previous longest cycle before system uplink?"

"Roughly one point five zero six cycles or one hundred thirteen days."

I dropped my third and final bottle to the marble counter, letting my head fall forward. 113 days, or 1.506 cycles was the longest I'd gone before. The longest I'd gone without being fucked by at least one of the Six men now hunting me down.

My muscles and joints ached almost constantly, riding on the dying edge of pleasure that I could gather from my trusty vibrator. Frustration climbed inside me again, my own ministrations paled in comparison to what I actually needed. Even with the modifications I'd made, I still couldn't uplink on my own.

A grimace was still painted on my face as I pulled up at the school in my Jeep. There were only a small group of students milling about the campus, I was thirty minutes early and the sun was just barely coming over the horizon. My fingers tapped the steering wheel with the pulsing beat of the music as I turned my thoughts over to my main problems.

My mind drifted back to my conversation with Ryker. His sad face popped up in my mind, bringing me further into depression.

"You look exhausted. You haven't been taking care of yourself."

I rolled my eyes at Ryker's chiding tone and stuffed another chip in my mouth. Parked near the edge of the Canyon, I was isolated from the rest of the world. The sun, bright and cheery, was suspended above me like a beacon of hope.

"Just a little insomnia, nothing to worry about, dad."

"You'd sleep better if you were home," he tsked, twisting his eyes away from mine. "Yet another reason to return to London."

"Dad... you know I can't. Not... not yet."

"The Six... they told me what's going on."

My lips pinched and rolled inward as annoyance shot through me. I had enough to deal with and my father knowing just how bad it was getting, wasn't on my to do list. Trying to remain calm, I took a deep breath and slid down further in my seat.

"It's nothing to worry about." My voice whispered, "just an adjustment period."

"You need to uplink."

I sighed, nodding my head. "I know."

"Right now."

"I can't right now!"

"Why not?"

"I just... can't."

Disbelief and annoyance rolled into one on his face. My face reddened as he continued to stare, obviously hoping for some type of explanation. I bit my bottom lip as I waited for him to drop the subject.

I was absolutely, positively not having this conversation with him. My uplink process was easy at first, then it became an uphill battle that the Six loved to climb. Ryker tipped his head to the side and narrowed his eyes, watching my increased squirming with interest.

The Six | A Reverse Harem Novel | ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें