In that very moment, my entire body felt like collapsing on his. I craved for a hug, for something more than just a touch or a look, but I resisted. This is not the time to get emotional. The throbbing on my leg reminded me of how bad the situation can get and that the clock is ticking. Harry’s eyes lit up as he scanned my face, his lips slightly pulling to a smirk.

“I'll meet you outside, partner.” he mumbled.

I couldn't stop my lips from smirking. He stood up and pulled me by the hand to my feet. I bit my cheek to stop a whine from escaping my lips before I inhaled deeply and prepared myself for what is to come. Harry walked over to the door while I stood by the stairs, looking at his back. He stopped himself right before exiting and gave me one last, intense look before pushing the door open and running through. I held my breath, waiting for the sound of guns going off, ready to stab my heart, but instead all I heard was angry cops shouting.

I rushed down the stairs, holding onto the railing to put as less pressure as I could. My heart raced uncontrollably fast, the anxiety and worry taking over my nerves completely. As I ran further away from Harry, the fear of never seeing him again got stronger. I don't know why I'm so worried about him, he clearly doesn't give two fucks about people, he even shot Zayn who only wanted to help. I can't understand myself some times. I didn't have to feel like this for anyone for the past four years, why am I so attached to him now?

He's dangerous. He  definitely is and that's what’s attracting me so badly. He's the first person I can relate to in so many levels, yet there are a lot of things that seem to push me further away from him. I still have my doubts, I don't fully trust him because God knows if he's sane enough to think clearly in times as wild as this. Maybe I should take this as my chance to run away on my own and get lost; start a new life, away from everyone and everything for as long as I can.

I got to the bottom floor, my stomach churning when I bumped on a very exhausted, bald cop who wiped his bleeding brow with the back of his hand. Both of us looked wildly at each other but to my luck, I had two guns, he had none. He saw my guns and lunged at me, giving me no choice but to aim at his chest and shoot him straight in the heart. He gasped and fell on me, his weight almost crushing me. His wide, brown eyes pleaded my cold ones as he leaned over me, blood coming out his mouth. Complete hollowness occurred inside of me; I don't care he is in pain, he won't feel anything in a while.

I pushed him lightly off me and let him sit down on the floor quietly. I let his head rest on the wall next to him and ran away, having his blood staining my shirt. The continuous shouting and gunshot got me back on track, my mind already thinking of the easiest way to get out of here without being caught.

I ran further away from the noise, sneaking carefully into the quiet hallways. My leg throbbed terribly, to the point I couldn't feel my foot. I groaned at the pain and clenched my teeth. I can do this, I have to get away from here. The only thing that pissed me off a little too much, was the sirens that nonstop played through the entire prison. I couldn't hear clearly where the shouts were coming from so I happened to bump on a few wounded prisoners a few times.

I ran down the empty hallway in the further east side of the prison, completely confused and impressed as to how is it possible for no officer or cop to be present here. Running past the windows, my heart was ready to explode with hope and anticipation when I saw the bright sun setting down, the sky colored in orange, red and light purple. I came to a halt to rest my leg and leaned over the wall, staring outside. Helicopters were flying in the sky and police vehicles were guarding the field. The black army guys had their own black SUVs parked in the further near side and they were shooting at the cops and guards, distracting them from anything else. 

Counting on the guards and the black army, I knew I could make it with their distractoon and probably escape through an opening without them noticing me.

I'm close.

“There we have her!” one strange voice hissed,  drapping his hand over my mouth and one arm over my shoulders, making me suck in a breath.

I tried to bite his hand but his grip over my mouth was too tight for me to open my mouth at all. I struggled in his grip and tried to shoot his leg, but another man came and took the guns off my hands, making panic flood through me for a split moment. The familiar guard in front of me looked at me incredulously, almost judgingly, before he tucked the guns in his waistband. I tried to push the man’s arm off my shoulders so he pushed me ahainst the wall, my face hurting incredibly bad at the rough hit.

Two gunshots aired, making my blood run cold as the man behind me dropped on the ground harshly, almost knocking me off as well. Harry. Panting, I looked over my shoulder to see the other gun lying on the ground, the back of his head bleeding. I slowly turned around, my heart hoping to see the green-eyed man.

My heart came up to my throat when instead of Harry, there stood the only man who believed in my redemption.

“Cane?”

______________________________