Chapter Six

Chapter Six: Delving deeper into the den of thieves (Part Two)

  Korosu shifts in her sleep, sweat beading along her spine. Her world is encased in darkness, leaving her alone and helpless. She hasn't felt this alone except for the day Matsu had walked away from her, leaving her in the rain to let tears roll down her cheeks. Itachi, Kisame, Naruto, everyone ... they had come to fill that void that had been leftover from Matsu's leaving.

But now she feels hallow again ...

Aimlessly alone.

Korosu's red eyes scan the pitch black, searching for an ounce of light. She feels naked inside the darkness, as if all her flaws are being showcased for the world. A few curse words come to mind, but she finds her voice lacking when she calls for it. Feeling her throat, Korosu continues to wander aimlessly.

I see you haven't gotten used to my world inside your head.

A dangerously smooth voice sounds through the darkness. Her world sparks with vibrant colors. Familair red eyes and blazing red hair steps out from within the darkness, as if he was materializing from air. Korosu scowls at the approaching figure, angered by his actions. She should have known.

This darkness is pointless, she hisses.

The Devil shakes his head. It's not my choice, my dear Korosu. I would wish away the darkness if I could, but I cannot.

Korosu sighs in defeat. She finds her defenses melting in his presence. It should concern her, but she feels no fear with him. He stops a few feet away from her, not daring to come closer. Feeling daring and fueled by her anger, Korosu walks up to him and runs her fingers through his silky locks. If she thinks about it, she has known Lucifer since the time she was born. If she's going to die, why spend her remaining days fearing him? There's a type of comfort in knowing the face of your death—at least, Korosu thinks so.

His eyes stare into hers with a burning brightness, leaving her slightly breathless. Lucifer snakes his arms around her waist, drawing her close, and inhales her intoxicating scent of vanilla and lavander. She trembles in his grip, her hands clutching the fabric of his shirt. She's felt his presence her entire life, and being this close almost sends her over the adage, it's so overwhelming.

It pleases him more than it should have to know the effect he has on her. She is a ray of beauty inside his ugly world, a butterfly dancing around him with the air of hope. He wants her to stay with him forever, but he knows it isn't supposed to be. She will never leave the man she calls Itachi behind while he still lives. It pains him greatly. Lufcifer has fallen for her before he even marked her as his, but she does not love him. She might possibly never love him. And his brother still weighs heavily on him, causing him to lose his barriers. He has doomed her at the same time he's saved her. He would never tell her why she actually caught his attention, why she had snared him from even before she was born.

Korosu feels his emotions shut down, his eyes turn dull. Worried by the new sight she sees, Korosu shakes him slightly. He is her Devil. Strong and handsome. Her dark warrior. Frustrated by his lack of responce, Korosu takes his head in her hands and forces him to bend to her height. She's furious. She should be the one looking pitiful with the way her life has gone.

You listen to me, Lucifer. She whispers fiercely. You are stronge. Itachi can only protect me to an extent, but you have always protected me. You have always been there. Don't forget that. I swear, if you start regretting whatever it is you've done, I'm going to smack you because you do not get to feel that way! I get the choice.

Lucifer meets her defiant gaze, his broken reflection staring back at him through her eyes. If only she knows how much he cares for her. How much he wishes for her happiness. Silly, girl. I am fine, nothing more than thinking about that bastard of a brother. Not a complete lie.