Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight: Secrets of the Master and the butterfly dance

Korosu held her disgust in check, barely. The hours had ticked by and the Master continued to talk and dine with his men. Even the other guests had yet to go home. She had noticed, though, that some of the men would leave for periods of time and during that time certain serving girls would also disappear. The men would come back, but not once did Korosu see a girl come back. And, every time this happened, Korosu dug deeper into the palm of her hand, possibly drawing blood.

"It's becoming late, my pet." Leo whispers into her ear, the sent of alcohol staining his breath.

She looks at him through hooded eyes. His blue eyes looked less sharp, but the coldness remained and his grip was still crushing around her waist. She breathed in deeply and rested a soothing hand on his bare chest.

"Does sleep drag at your mind already, my lord?"

Leo blinks slowly, his blue gaze still remarkably sharp under the hazy glaze of alcohol. You would think by now, with how much alcohol he's consumed, Leo would be passed out drunk. But this rule didn't apply to him. He sat with stiff elegance, his words twisted with double meanings and cunning blackmail, not to mention the keen gleam in his eyes that made Korosu hold her position and not move very often.

"It seems so, but first I want to see a dance." He stares haughtily down at her.

Her breath catches. He wanted her to dance for him? That's absurd. She knew how to dance, but it wasn't the finest to watch. Was he trying to gauge her and figure her out? Staring back, Korosu decides quickly on what to do.

Bowing her head she smiles up at him through her lashes. "If that is what my lord wishes."

His smile is both beautiful and feral. Holding back a shudder, Korosu rises and begins to walk toward the stage, but when a sudden grasp tugs her back she stumbles to a halt. She hadn't heard him come up behind her. Korosu would have to be more careful around him than she'd first thought.

Leo stands before her, blue eyes sparking. "That outfit is not suited, go change behind those curtains. There are clothes already there."

Was this normal or did he already know she wouldn't refuse? Shaking her head slightly, she smiles once more and hurries to the curtain he had pointed out. Behind those curtains were outfits that made her cheeks flame with embarrassment.

Those will never cover anything! She gasps in horror.

Eyes wide and mouth slack she hurries through the racks of clothing and searches for an outfit that would cover her chest and bottom at the least. Knowing her time was limited Korosu grabs one of the nearest outfits and speed strips into it. It wasn't until the pieces of clothing were on that she noticed she had picked good- well, reasonably good for the situation she had gotten herself in.

The folds of the silky fiery red skirt whispered around her legs and the slit up her leg allowed an easy access of movement. Around her waist lay a golden chain that small jewels dangled off and jungled the tiniest hint of music. All in all, the bottom met her standards. Moving her eyes up, Korosu nearly faints. The top was more revealing; the same fiery hue of red as the skirt covered her chest and was lined in golden. To add to the beauty the same golden jewels dangled slightly down her stomach and rested cooly against her skin.

Blowing loose hair out of her eyes, Korosu places the final touches by slipping a couple anklets around her slim ankles and sliding on a few arm bands. Last thing she needed was something to dance with ... something like a ... silky shaw. The color was the same as her outfit and would work perfectly as a prop for this dance in particular.