Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven: Return

   Korosu had never felt more alive. Power courses through her veins, surging through her body and sending a sensation of bliss washing over her. All she could sense was Lucifer, her Devil. It was as if he was right there beside her, guiding her every movement, fingers trailing over her skin, causing shivers to race down her spine.

All her senses were heightened. She could sense every living soul in the palace- the entire village for that matter. Every soul held a different color, shades varying, and it was exhilarating. This power, this temptation, was intoxicating.

Don't lose sight, my little dove, Lucifer chuckles. You still have to help your friends.

That snapped Korosu from the hunger clawing at her. Korosu grins. She should definitely fear what was happening to her- and the obvious strengthening connection between her and her Devil.

Korosu stood from the floor, the wisps of her skirt hanging in tatters around her ankles. Blood caked around her feet where her blood had pooled, turning her pale skin. There was a slight twinge where Leo had plunged his sword into her abdomen, but otherwise she felt nothing. It was as if she had awoken from a long slumber and was brimming with raw power and strength.

Korosu sensed Eiichi and Leo move down the hallway, heading to where she knew Kisame and Itachi where. They were currently heading through the gardens and were a few feet from the wraparound porch. Eiichi and Leo were moving swiftly in their direction.

Korosu smirks. They had underestimated her. Even with a fucking devil inside of her, they had underestimated her. Korosu growls low in her throat, feeling the heat of anger rush through her at a dizzying rate.

She was pissed.

Stab her.

Taunt her.

Mock her.

But never underestimate her.

Lucifer chuckles darkly and propels her forward, out of the room and down the hallway. She didn't waste any time. Kisame and Itachi had just reached the porch and Eiichi and Leo had just turned the corner. In a few seconds they would meet- and Korosu was sure words weren't going to be spoken.

She sprints forward, sliding around the corner by grasping the edge of the wall, where the segments met, and flings herself with surprising momentum. She kept chakra in her feet to keep them from sticking to the wooden floorboards and gracefully leapt over Leo's head, skirts swooshing around her and dark tendrils of hair whipping in an ark around her.

All three men and Eiichi stop unconsciously as a beautiful flaming angel came leaping out of nowhere.

Itachi couldn't believe his eyes. He had wanted to yell at her for not checking in and disappearing on them, but seeing Korosu in front of him vanquished all of his pent up anger. But, upon further inspection, Itachi's rage came rushing back in maddening force. There was a gaping hole in her abdomen, blood trickling down her bare stomach and disappearing in the folds of her crimson skirt.

And her eyes.

Pitch black and swirling with malice.

His heart dropped. Korosu had let Lucifer take control- or, at least, some control. What had happened in there? What had she endured while he and Kisame stood around worrying? They should have known she would go after the Master once she heard what was said about him. They knew her- and the Korosu they knew, would go in with hell at her heels no matter the danger if it meant destroying one less sinful being.