Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen: Words from a child ...

Korosu walks quietly beside Kisame as he takes her to the room which held Eiichi. Hidan had sealed the door leading to Leo after they had adjusted the chains so he could walk to the cot that lay in the corner and back to the table. (They were not unkind, but even that much slack on the chain had been generous.) Her mind was still chewing on the information that the demon was Lucifer's own brother—a brother that more than likely wanted her dead at this point.

Kisame stops her, hands flashing rapidly. The door reveals itself and Kisame opens it after flashing her one last comforting smile. She steps through and feels her chest constrict as she sees Itachi sitting across from Eiichi. Hidan was standing on the other side, behind the one-way window, and glances at them as they entered.

His magenta eyes focus on her and the grey haired man offers her a comforting smile—blatantly out of his character. "The kid woke sometime before you got here but hasn't said anything and Pein-sama hasn't been in—even though he was the one who sent you three to retrieve this son of a bitch."

Kisame shakes his head, stepping into the room beside her as he said, "A devil's inhabiting the kid's servant and Leo isn't his true name but his memories have been wiped so we have no idea who he actually is or get anything on the kid."

Hidan laughs dryly. "Fan-fucking-tactic."

"Why hasn't Eiichi spoken?" she wants to know. Something about the kid spoke of an intelligence beyond his years—a cunningness that didn't speak of wisdom, but cruelty. It brought back the faces of her parents she'd long since forgotten.

Hidan lifts a shoulder in a shrug, returning his attention back to Itachi and Eiichi. "Jashin knows why the kid suddenly has an iron lock on his goddamn mouth."

Korosu rubs her temple with a hand, red eyes dark. The air around her swirls with dangerous intention and both shinobi knew if things didn't start changing their red eyed companion was going to loose control—and both Hidan and Kisame knew the devil inside of her would love that ... all too well.

Suddenly, through the jutsu that allowed them to hear into the other room, a child's voice spoke: "Hello, akuma no josei. I know you're on the other side of the mirror."

Itachi didn't turn to look at the mirror, but all three of them could see the tension that tightened his shoulders and drew the raven haired man to clasp his hands in front of him less he do something unwarranted. None of this, especially, is lost on Korosu.

"I'm beyond asking how he knows." Kisame growls. "And I'm supposed to be the one to go in, not you, Korosu."

Korosu has to agree. She's becoming tired of these games—she hates games. "Let me in. Maybe he'll talk if I go in there?" she sighs. "I know you're the one who's supposed to, but what choice do we have?" I'm tired of letting this fucking kid tug us along like a sac full of idiots.

"Or you're giving him exactly what he wants." Hidan argues, putting himself in the conversation, silvery brows raising.

Go in there. He can't do anything to you—I won't let him touch you. Lucifer's lips brush her ears. No one touches you.

She squares her shoulders. "Even if it is, he'll at least talk."

Kisame sees it in her eyes and nudges Hidan. "Let her. She's got Itachi in there with her—and a fucking devil inside of her. Plus, we should be worried about the kid more than her if he pisses her off."

Korosu rolls her eyes, shoots both men a quick glare, and leaves the room to enter the one that held Itachi and Eiichi. Itachi's dark eyes turn toward her as she enters, a look of anger and worry flashing through those depthless pools. She didn't have to read his mind to know he was upset she was in here with him.