Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen: The devil revealed

Hidan leads Korosu down the hallway and took a route she wasn't familiar with. The base was huge, she had thought she had discovered all the nooks and crannies of this place, but it seemed Korosu was wrong.

"Itachi and Kisame have them in separate rooms, tied up by chakra rather than rope." Hidan glances down at the smaller girl walking beside him. His legs were longer but her strides were matching his evenly and Hidan felt pity for the poor bastards that had gained her wrath.

"Good."

Korosu was done playing nice. Her frustration with Lucifer- and herself -was beginning to show and Korosu didn't know how to stop, so she let it fuel her on. Better that than allowing herself to break down for a day. Why was he so confusing? Why was she so confusing? Korosu wished things were more simply and not so complicated. She also wanted to see Itachi. Korosu hadn't had a proper conversation with him since she had raced around the corner at Eiichi's palace- and even then that hadn't been a proper conversation.

"I'm not sure exactly what happened, but don't let them win, tiny bitch." Hidan uncharacteristically rests a hand on her head, ruffling her hair in the process.

Korosu blinks, but a small smile tilts her lips, reaching her eyes. "What made you decide to call me tiny bitch?"

Hidan grins sharply. "You're honestly one of the smallest people I have ever seen- and that includes Sasori, that skinny bastard -and although you pack one hell of a punch it's hard to imagine it with how petite you are and the tininess of your fists. As for the bitch part, I'm not really sure. Can't get all attached to you or anything."

"I think you're a little late on that last one." Korosu nudges him playfully.

She was livid, but she could direct her anger toward two specific people. Korosu couldn't take it out on Hidan- plus, although she would never admit it loud, Korosu found it hard to get seriously angry at any of the Akatsuki members.

Hidan stops, opening a door that seemed to be carved into the wall that Korosu wouldn't have noticed unless she had been watching Hidan's movements closely. The magenta eyed shinobi pushed his hand against what seemed to be a random section of the door, but before Korosu could blink the door opened with a small hiss as if it had been sealed instead of just closed.

"Welcome to our own personal torture base." Hidan's smile is all sharp edges as he sweeps Korosu through the door.

The door shuts itself the moment Korosu enters. It was dimly lit, the soft glow of flames flickering across the even darker walls. She felt as if she had entered a different world all together. At least in the main part of the base there was a sense of familiarity and occupation, but here it felt like the air itself was devoid of anything. Korosu felt as if she had entered hell.

This is not what Hell feels like. Her Devil's voice scoffs, wrapping around her.

Korosu blocks him from her mind. She didn't want to talk to him right now or hear his voice. He had pushed her away again ... right when she was about to bare herself to him and argue that she didn't seem him as this all evil being. Korosu holds back a deep sigh of irritation. In all honestly everything would probably be easier if she stuck to the simple hope of Matsu saving her, but a growing voice in the back of her mind kept telling her she wasn't some damsel in distress that couldn't help herself. If she only had a limited amount of time then she wanted to spend it with her friends, with Itachi ...

"Where are they?" Korosu inclines her head, studying the multiple doorways that branched off into other rooms.

Hidan beckons her. "Kisame's with white haired fucker named Leo while Itachi's with the little brat."