Chapter 31: Snow Show

Start from the beginning

"A....snowman?" Optimus echoed. "A human made of snow?"

"Don't worry, you've got an expert here to teach ya." Sari said proudly.

And so their human ally instructed them on how to build a snowman. It was relatively easy and fun.

Mantis hummed along to Snow Fairy as she rolled the ball of snow, the rolling gradually gathering more snow and growing in size. Once it was to her satisfaction, she placed it on top of another.

"Why do you humans do these snowmen, if I may ask?" Optimus asked Sari as he used his axe to gather sticks- or branches in the Autobots cases- to use as 'arms' for their snowmen.

Sari thought about it shrugged. "I dunno. It's a human custom we do when it snows to y'know, have fun. It's kinda like art. Simple but still. Sides, it's even better when you do it with friends or family."

Optimus definitely agreed on the last part.

"I have to admit this....is a pretty fun bonding activity." He said with a smile as he used his servos to smooth out any bumps on the snowman.

"But you know what's even more fun than building snowmen?" Sari asked with a mischievous smile.

Before Optimus could ask, he heard something whiz through the air and whipped his helm around....

To get a face full of snow.

He smacked the snow away to see the Auto Teens standing there, all with sly mischievous- and a bit apologetic in Bulkhead's case- smirks on their faceplates as they each tossed a snowball up and down in their servo.

"SNOWBALL FIIIIIIGHT!" Bee whooped like a battle cry.

Everything after that became chaos.

Optimus found himself hiding behind a makeshift 'fortress'- really just a high pile of snow for cover- beside Prowl as the Auto Teens threw snowball after snowball all over the place, all of it blurred streaks of white across the terrain. He could hear all the Auto Teen shouting and screaming and whooping in glee at the chaos they were revelling in.

"And I thought winter was the time for peace, for rest and hibernation." Prowl said dryly.

"......well it....does seem like a good.....teamwork exercise?" Optimus said lamely. It does require teamwork and strategy after all.

"Brother! Help!" Mantis cried.

Prowl's brother instincts kicked in and he stood up.

"Wha-"

SMACK!

For a moment, everyone froze and the battle paused. Everyone gazed at Prowl, optics/eyes wide and jaws dropped as a snowball slowly slid down his faceplate, the rim of his visor now white.

"It was him!" the Auto Teens yelped, dropping any snowball they were holding onto and pointing to Bee.

"Hey!" the minibot protested. "That was an accident! I swear! I cross my spark swear!" he said, crossing his spark chamber.

Prowl in reply.......

Flung a snowball at a speed with a level of strength that would make any baseball player jealous. It hit Bee right smack in the faceplate with an accuracy that would give the best sharpshooters a run for their money.