Chapter Nineteen

It had been weeks since Clint or Jack had tried to contact me.
Relief was an understatement.
I officially moved the rest of my belongings into Henry's home. He kept on insisting that it was now my home as well.
The thought made my heart warm. If someone would've told me months ago that I would find love, real love, I would've laughed in their face and told them to go fuck themselves.
But as I lay here in Henry's arms, his eyes closed sleeping, I couldn't see myself anywhere else.
Henry begins to stir in his sleep lightly, his arms pulling me in closer.
His green eyes finally open and stare at me with so much love in them.

"Goodmorning Petals." He whispers huskily, kissing my fingers.
I smile at him,
"Goodmorning." I tell him.
He untangles himself from me, and walks into the bathroom.
I sit up and make my way into the kitchen to make us some coffee.

"We've got a shipment coming in at the shop today, it's a surprise for you." Henry says emerging into the kitchen.

"A surprise?" I question curiously.
Henry gives me one of his famous smiles,
"You'll just have to wait and see."

A couple hours later we make our way to to shop, the sign that once hung above the door was now gone. In its place was a new one reading Petals Floral Shop in bright letters. The yellow bees still decorated the windows.
My heart stops as I look at Henry's sheepish face.
"Why- I mean what-" I try to make out but end up stuttering over my words.

"I felt like the past should be left in the past. Yes I loved Bee, but she would've wanted me to move on. And I have you Dallas, to thank for that. You gave life a new meaning for me. I love you. This shop is ours now Petals. Welcome home." Henry says, wrapping his arms around me. My heart melts at his words

"Thank you" I choke out, tears make their way to my eyes.
Henry chuckles,

"Don't cry baby, I've got more surprises for you today, come on let's go." Henry says pulling me towards his truck.
A few minutes later, we pull down a dirt road. Fields of wild flowers line the road.
Henry finally parks the truck and grabs a basket along with a blanket from the back and pulls me with him, walking through the flower fields.
I follow him, excitement flows through my veins.
I watch Henry lay out the thick blanket over the flowers that covered the ground , a handsome smile on his face. I sit down, and wait for him to pull everything out of the basket he brought.
It was all of my favorites. Strawberries, some ham sandwiches, and some other snacks I liked.
Henry smiles at me, and we begin to eat in silence.
Later we're both laying on our backs, the flowers blowing softly in the breeze.
The sun was shining down on us, making Henry's green eyes pop beautifully.
My hand is holding his, as we stare at the birds flying above.

"Happy Birthday Petals." Henry tells me randomly.
Shocked I look over at him, and he's smiling his charming smile.
"How did you know?" I ask him

"I may have peeked at your drivers license, and knew you wouldn't tell me." He says playfully.
I smile at him,
"Thank you, for everything Henry."

"I'd do anything for you Petals. I love you." He says, squeezing my hand.

"Why do you call me Petals? You never told me why." I ask him curiously.
Henry thinks thoughtfully for a moment,

"The moment I seen you, your eyes held such a cold look in them. You gave off such a mysterious vibe and I was intrigued. After a while I could tell you running from something." He begins
"You reminded me of a flower, with its petals blowing in the wind. So free and so damn beautiful." He tells me.
"After losing Bee, I thought I could never love again. But you taught me that I could."
The look on his face is full of love and adoration.
"You're my Flower Dallas. Now you never have to run from anything ever again." He says softly.
My eyes tear up slightly, I was finally free.
And I was finally loved, truly loved.
For me.

This is what love is.
Love is learning to love yourself, regardless of what others say. Love is learning to trust again. Love is Henry.
He taught me that not all guys are bad. And I taught him that it was okay to love again.

"I love you." I tell him.
Henry smiles his bright smile,
"I love you Petals, always."