Chapter Sixteen

It had been a few days since I woke up at Henry's.
I had been here ever since, Henry refused to let me out his sight. Not that I minded.
My bruises were a bit better, but my ribs still ached.
Henry nurtured me like crazy, constantly babying me. It was cute to see him so flustered.
I scoot to the side of the bed, going to get up to go find Henry.
He said he was making us dinner a few minutes ago.
I stand up, my ribs protest slightly, I slowly walk to the kitchen.
Henry was stirring something, and I wrap my arms around his torso. He jumps slightly and turns around to kiss my nose.

"What're you doing up?" He asks me, wrapping his arms around me.
I rest my head against his chest, his heartbeat comforting me.

Henry was at least 6'2, he towered over my small frame. He made me feel so safe.
I stay silent and just let him hold me.

"What's the matter baby?" He asks me, titling my chin up.
I smile softly at him,
"Nothing. I missed you." I tell him.
It was true, once I finally told Henry how I felt and about my past. I felt lighter, more free.
He chuckles, his chest vibrating as he does so.

"I missed you too Petals, Go sit down so I can make us a plate." He says releasing his arms as he turns back to the food.
Already missing his touch, I go and take a seat at his table in the kitchen.

Henry had a surprisingly big house. It was in the middle of the forest, much like my small cabin.
He built it himself with his dad and grandpa years ago. It was beautiful, with modern touches here and there.
Henry comes and takes a seat beside me, sitting a plate of food in front me.

We both eat and talk about random things.
My phone rings from across the room, Henry's eyebrows raise, and he gets up and goes to answer it for me.

"Hello?" He says.

"Look, if you call this number again. I won't hesitate to call the police. Leave Dallas alone. I won't say it again." He says, anger crosses his face and I see him grip the phone tighter.

"Yeah well you won't have any connections in this town Clint. My uncle owns the police department you fool. If you come near Dallas again I won't hesitate to kill you." Henry says threateningly.

My heart skips at beat at him defending me, him being so intimidating was so sexy.
He was wearing a green flannel over a white t shirt, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. His jeans hung low on his hips, and I drool a little while staring at him.
He was so damn handsome. Mouthwatering even.

"No it's not a threat. It's a promise. Leave Dallas alone. Goodbye." He says as he hangs up and tosses my phone aside.
His eyes meet mine, and he holds his arms out for me. I slowly stand and walk into them. He nuzzles his face into my short hair.

"He'll never hurt you again Petals. Nobody will, I promise." He says comfortingly.
My heart soars at this. I had never had a man be so protective over me.
"I love you Henry." I whisper into his chest. I could hear his heart speed up a little,

"And I love you Petals, let's go finish eating." He says holding my hand as we walk back towards the table.

We finish eating quickly and were now curled up on Henry's couch. I was wearing one of Henry's t shirts, it covered my small frame almost past my knees. His scent gave me comfort. Henry had removed his flannel after dinner so his arms were out on display.
Finding Nemo was the movie he had put on.
But I found myself staring at him while he watched it.
His arms were holding me tightly, but not tight enough that it would hurt my ribs.
His hair was messy as always and he had his glasses perched on his nose. His lips looked so tempting.
His eyes flicker down to mine and he smirks,

"Keep staring at me like that Petals and I won't be responsible for my actions." He says nipping my neck playfully.
I giggle at him, and push his head away.
His green eyes seemed to glow with happiness.
I wondered if mine reflected the same.
I bite my lip, and continue to stare at him.
I slowly reach up and place a soft kiss on his neck, then his chin and I continue to trail up until I meet his lips.
The kiss soon turns to a heated one, and he slowly makes his way down my neck.
He was sucking and nipping at it playfully, surely leaving love bites along the way.

"I love you Petals." He says against my neck.
My hands make their way to tangle themselves into his messy hair.

"I love you Henry." I whisper to him, I grab the hem of his t shirt and slowly tug it over his head.
He continues to kiss me as the rest of our clothes make their way onto the floor.

And I found myself soon getting lost in his touch.