Chapter Eleven

"Petals please open the door."
I could hear Henry outside my front door.
He showed up about five minutes ago. But I couldn't bring myself to get off the couch.
"I'm coming in." He said finally.
He slowly walked into the living room where I was currently curled up on the love seat. A hot coffee in my hands, my mind was still clouded as I stared out of the windows that lined the back wall. Looking out to the thick forest behind the cabin.
He took a seat beside me before speaking,
"It's been a week Petals, please talk to me."
I turned to look at him, his hair was ruffled as always. His signature glasses laid perfectly on his nose.
His green eyes looked tired, worried.
My heart sped up in my chest.
He was so handsome.

"I'm sorry" I finally say, setting my coffee down onto the table.
I go to speak again, to tell him that I've made my decision. But my phone rings from across the room. I get up to grab it, seeing the unknown number made my heart fall.
I answer it anyways. Already knowing who it was.
"Dallas, your mother wants to know when your coming home." A deep voice says.
Slight fear grew within me.
I knew it wouldn't be long before they finally called.

"I'm not coming home Clint." I say gruffly. He could kiss my ass.
"You are going to bring your ass home. Stop embarrassing your mother." He says angrily.

I scoff at him, "how did you find my number?" I ask him, ignoring his statement.

"I have my ways, you have two days to come home. Don't make me come get you. It'll only piss me off, and we both know how I am when I'm mad dear." He says, his tone set in stone.
I could see Henry looking at me confused from the couch, which wasn't far from where I was standing.

"Go to hell. Don't call my number anymore. I'm a grown ass woman and I can do whatever the hell I want to Clint." I tell him.
Deep down, I knew he meant business. But I couldn't let the fear win. The stubborn part of me always refused to lose to him.

"You have two days Dallas." He says before hanging up the phone.

"What's going on? Who is Clint?" Henry asks me.

"He's my stepfather." I simply say.

"What did he mean you have two days?" He asks
I run my hand through my short hair nervously.

"He wants me to come home. But I refused. Don't worry about it, he's harmless." I tell Henry, only slightly lying.
Clint was far from harmless. I knew that. He would be true to his word, if he found my number there was no doubt in my mind he would find me here.

"Talk to me Petals, are you in danger?" He asks, grabbing my hand and pulling me to sit beside him.
Yes my consciousness says.

"No Henry I'm fine I promise." I tell him, lacing my fingers through his.
He smiles softly at me, and kisses our intertwined hands.
My heart skips a beat.
I was slowly letting my guard down.

"I'll give you a chance Henry, but I don't want to rush anything okay?" I say softly.
His face lights up,

"You won't regret it Petals."

I really hope not Henry.. I think to myself.