Chapter Fourteen

The doorbell caught my attention.
I was sitting in the window seat by the back door, drinking my coffee.
Thinking it was Henry, I rushed to open it.
Clint was on the other side.
He smiled sadistically as soon as he saw me.
"I told you I would find you." He says shoving me into the house.
I push his hands off of me, and step a few steps away from him.
Fear was imbedded in my heart but I did my best to not let it show.

"You need to leave. Now." I told him, pointing to the door.
He was walking around the living room, staring at the two pictures of me and Henry on the table.
Henry had surprised me with them a few days ago.
I watch as Clint picks one up,
"And who is this Dallas?" He asks me, a dark look in his eyes.
He goes to take a step forward and I take one back.

"He's no one Clint. Leave" I tell him again.
I duck just in time as the picture frame leaves his hand, glass shatters behind me.

"Do not tell me what to do you stupid bitch. I told you a week ago you had two days Dallas. I've run out of patience." Clint says angrily.

Clint was at least 6'0, he towered over my 5'5 frame. His short buzzed hair, and dark grey eyes gave off a intimidating look.

"I'm not going anywhere with you Clint. I'm a grown woman, now get the fuck out of my house." I tell him, my temper beginning to rise.
The panic I felt was undeniable, but I pushed it down.
He chuckles darkly at me,
"Now Dallas, you know better by now." He says walking towards me slowly.
I go to take a step back, only for me to back against the wall.
He steps in close to my face,
"You need to learn to listen Dallas. No man will ever want you." He says lowly.
I glare up at him,
"I said get the fuck out of my house before I call the police."

His fist collided with my jaw almost instantly as the words leave my mouth.
My head whips to the side, and I bite my tongue to keep from crying out, my mouth slowly fills with blood.
He grabs my jaw roughly,
"You need to shut that pretty little mouth of yours, before I shut it for you. I told you to come home. You're embarrassing your mother as always." He snips out.
I spit at him and swing my fist, he lets me go as he steps back. So I try to step away from him and try to go around him.
His arm grabs me by my hair and punches me hard, slinging me to the ground that's now covered in glass.
The pieces of glass stab into my cheek and the side of my face. Blood starts to drip down.

"You won't ever learn will you Dallas. You're weak." He says kicking me the stomach.
"I guess I'll have to beat it into you." He says as he continues to kick me.
The wind is knocked out of my body and I slowly manage to crawl away.

"Fuck you Clint." I tell him breathlessly.
His eyes flare up in anger and he grabs me by the throat.

"I told you I'd kill you one day Dallas." He says sadistically. His hands squeeze tighter around my throat, familiar darkness dances across my eyes.
I reach my hand out and claw and punch at his face helplessly, he drops me to the floor.
I quickly grab the vase off the table and swing it at him, trying to catch my breath.
His body hits the table and the rest of the pictures go falling to the floor. Glass breaks everywhere. He lays there unmoving.

Not checking to see if he was alive or just knocked out, I quickly limp towards my bag, grabbing my phone I head out the back door.
I was beyond lightheaded at this point. My lungs still screaming from the lack of oxygen. I slowly make my way into the thick forest, hoping it would hide me from Clint.
My legs eventually give out and I fall near a big thick tree. Resting my back on it, I dial the only number I know.
It rings for a moment
"Hello?" Henry's deep voice says from the other line.
My eyes flicker with tiredness, I knew I was going to pass out any minute.

"Henry I- I need help." I tell him weakly.
My throat was burning from me talking.
My right eye was swelling closed.

"Dallas? What's wrong? Are you alright?" He asks me, I could sense the panic in his voice.

"I'm in the woods behind the cabin" I tell him, my chest was aching terribly. My ribs scream in protest as I try to lean against the tree better.
"I-i need you." I stutter out.
The adrenaline was slowly leaving my body, I start to sag against the tree.
My body was giving out.

"I'll be right there okay? Just stay with me." He says.

My head was aching, and my eyes flicker,
"I'm tired." I whisper to him.

"I know baby, but stay with me okay? Talk to me, What happened?" He asks me.

"Clint came, he- he." I try to get the rest of the sentence out, my body falls slack.
Darkness was flashing before my eyes, my body was tired.

I slowly succumbed to the darkness, hoping it'll relieve the pain.