Chapter One

I brushed my short wet hair out of my face as I walked into the diner.
My combat boots smacked against the floor loudly, it was pouring outside and I had finally stopped after driving practically nonstop for days only making stops for gas, food and to sleep. I slept in my small car during the nights.
Moving from South Carolina was bittersweet. Roselle and Liam were in New York now, and Lillie had moved off with Owen shortly after.
Not seeing any other reason to stay, I packed my small car up and left.
Change was good, and I needed it.

I took a seat at one of the empty booths, shrugging my wet leather jacket off.

"It's raining cats and dogs out there huh."

I looked up to see a small older woman standing in front of me, her grey apron around her waist. Her name tag read Dorothy.

Ignoring her I ask,
"Can I get a coffee please with some bacon."

"Sure thing hon." Dorothy says, walking off.
I grumbled under my breath, her cheerful attitude was already irking on my nerves.

With no set destination in mind, I would have to find somewhere to camp for the night. I was currently in Arizona, so the weather was throwing me off. It was dry yet wet from the rain.
I didn't even know Arizona rained so much.

"Here you go sugar." Dorothy says setting my coffee and a small plate of bacon on the table.

"Thanks." I say briefly.

"So where are you headed to?" She asked.

"Look not to be rude or anything but can I eat my bacon in peace? Thanks" I tell her.

Finally getting the message that I wasn't in the mood to converse, she walked away.

My mom was always gone growing up, after my father left she drowned herself in work thinking that would make up for it. That's when she met Clint, my step father.

Clint had my mother blinded, she thought he was a sweet and loving guy. But to me, he was an asshole prick who couldn't keep his hands to himself.
I had earned my fair share of bruises to know that.
Clint was just like my ex, Jack. Always trying to change who I was and when I wouldn't cave in, they decided to go to brutal force. Thinking they could beat me into submission.
I had my fair share of dark secrets, not even my closest friends knew about.
A week or so ago I had gotten into it with Clint and the outcome wasn't the greatest. After that I said to hell with this, and packed up my belongings which wasn't much and left.

I bit into my piece of bacon angrily at the thought, men were trash and I was beyond done with them.

After I finished my coffee and bacon, I tossed some cash onto the table. Shrugging my now damp leather jacket back on, I began walking back towards my car.
I had to find somewhere to stop for the night, I was tired of sleeping all cramped in my car.

It was time for me to be on my own, without any damned men trying to hold me back.

Picture of Dallas above^

I see Dallas as being Ruby Rose (just without most of her tattoos)