thirty-one

T H I R T Y - O N E :

Oak had told the siblings that she was perfectly okay with getting the bus back to her house but they were both stubborn and insisted with all of their might that she came to eat with them. Originally, she was very against the idea, she hated the fact that she was intruding on their afternoon but they also insisted she wasn't and said they enjoyed her company, which was nice of them but in her eyes probably far from the truth.

Nevertheless, there she was sat in the front seat of Harrison's pitch black Tesla model 3, which was way too fancy for the likes of Oak but it was cool and incredibly comfy. Belle had control of the music because she lost her competition, Harrison had persuaded the blue-haired girl to come to get something to eat with them purely so he could hang out with her more and get to know her better.

The car had been driving for around ten minutes and occasional chatter was within the air, Belle offered to sit at the back much to Harrison's surprise. Her reasoning was so that Oak and her brother would be closer, she thought the woman was nice and her brother deserved nice.

All of a sudden, the all too familiar intro to one of The Blue's songs, the guitar to one of the songs on their EP was forest fires, one of Belle's favourites. The brown-haired girl had considered turning it off in case Oak felt embarrassed but it didn't seem to phase her.

"Oh, cause when we burn, the world still turns. . ." Oak had completely forgotten who she was in the presence of and sung her song exactly like the record, which gave the girl in the back goosebumps and the man by her side a look of astonishment.

When she finally dawned that she wasn't alone, her cheeks rose in heat, why did she just do that? Some would call it vain that she enjoyed her own music but she thought that was a good thing, why release music that you, yourself don't enjoy? The full band liked their songs, if they didn't they wouldn't have made them and wanted to put them out if one member wasn't happy then they would work around it make sure they were.

"Quick inquiry, would you and the boys be up for doing a carpool karaoke with me when I get my licence?" Belle joked in awe, Oak chuckled and shrugged.

"Only if we get paid," She joked playfully, luckily the pair understood her joke and both laughed. She was usually so shy and closed off with people she hardly knew but it kind of felt like she had known these two her whole life.

"Where'd you wanna go?" Harrison asked his sister as she turned the indicator and the car went to the right, there was a food court restaurant type just outside of town that they often went to.

"Can we go to Listo Burrito, please?" Belle replied with a cheesy grin, Harrison nodded and drive to the side that would be easiest for them to get to the burrito bar. Belle had a massive soft spot for Mexican food, especially burritos, so she was happy that her brother had agreed to take her there.

——— ••• ———

Upon entry, there were a few people scattered around the restaurant, the seats were fluorescent orange with plain white tables and extravagant, there was an array of colourful artwork on the walls sprawled out neatly . It was a lot bigger than Oak thought it would be, she'd been to the food court before but never in this specific restaurant.

The three of them approached the order station, where they took you along the bar and allowed you to add extras to the main order. The lady behind the bar had slightly tanned skin with beautiful black hair, that was tied up under a cap. She smiled at the entry of the three people "What can I get you?" She asked sweetly, the smile never leaving her face.