thirteen

T H I R T E E N :

Currently, Oak was at work earlier than usual to have the dreaded conversation with Mattia about her having a bit of time off of work because of the offer The Blue had received from Harrison. When Harrison messaged her, she was with the boys as they were about to embark on another writing session; their reactions were priceless and so was hers, they couldn't believe they were given the opportunity to go to the United States of America.

At first, they were all extremely grateful and excited but they didn't want to burden anyone with them not having any money, they all still hated the idea of them getting a free flight but they were also so extremely exuberant.

Mattia had agreed to meet Oak fifteen minutes prior to her shift starting, he had his fingers crossed that she wasn't going to resign because he thought she was one of the hardest workers here, he thought all his staff worked hard but Oak had never once complained about anything.

The blue-haired girl was sat waiting at one of the tables for Mattia to arrive and just as the thought of him crossed her mind, his dark hair and bearded-face appeared from the kitchen wiping his hands on the towel that was stuffed into his little pocket in his apron. He smiled brightly at the girl and she smiled sweetly back as he pulled out the chair and sat opposite her.

"Are you going to tell me why I feel somewhat worried?" He asked jokingly, his light Italian accent shining through, he moved to the UK six years ago but was already learning some English back in his hometown, Trieste, he often went back to visit is nonna and nonno but his papa and mamma lived here with him. His father, Leonardo Ricci owned the restaurant chain of El Bessi and his mother, Sofia Ricci, co-owned it but they allowed Mattia to take over.

"It's nothing to worry about," Oak replied with a light chuckle.

"So you're not leaving us?" He asked sceptically looking at the blue-haired girl with his eyes narrowed playfully. Mattia always tried to have a positive attitude towards his staff because he wouldn't have any respect by them if he didn't respect them.

"Of course not," Oak chuckled "I was just wondering if I could have a bit of time off, I don't know how much, maybe two weeks-I know it's a push but the band have been given an opportunity in New York. Obviously, if I'm not allowed it's completely fine," Oak rambled whilst Mattia listened intently at what the girl was saying, he almost didn't catch it at the speed she was talking in.

"It's for the band?" Mattia repeated her words.

"Yeah, I know asking for that amount of time off is a massive amount but I don't think we'll be offered anything like this again any time soon," Oak said softly, she'd completely understand if she wasn't allowed, two weeks was a long time to be off, especially consecutively.

"What sort of boss would I be if I didn't let my staff do something that's their dream? Of course, you can have the time off, you deserve it!" Mattia told Oak excitedly, he knew how much the band meant to her and how much hard work they'd always put in. Oak had been working at El Bessi for two and a half years and not once has she had a single day off.

"When are you hoping to book off?" He asked as the pair both walked around the Restaurant and Mattia pulled out a pen to write the dates on the calendar.

"Well, I've been told that the plane is booked for the twenty-first of this month, I know it's short notice so I'm sorry about that. . ." Oak apologised again.