twenty-two

T W E N T Y - T W O :

The group had now manoeuvred themselves into Harrison's apartment after their meal in the diner, which he offered to host for. None of them could legally drink except Zoié and Tom, so they both opted against drinking so they could all have fun without the booze. It was very doable, they had often done it when the cast collectively got together. 

Harrison's home whilst in America was small but large enough to fit the thirteen of them into it, he had an island kitchen counter that had some seats around it, which was where Oak, Julian and Aray were discussing childhoods.

The tall brunette man had noticed that Charlie wasn't currently talking to anyone, which gave him the indication to get what he thought was necessary off of his chest. The twisted curls-haired man smiled as Harrison approached with an upward nod as a greeting, Charlie hadn't really spoke to Harrison much since they started going to the self-indulgence set; he knew he was a nice person though because he'd heard him talking to Oak and his cast members.

"You alright?" Charlie asked the man.

"Yeah, are you?" Harrison replied.

"Not too bad, feel absolutely stuffed though," He chuckled and Harrison replicated the laugh, he too felt like a stuffed turkey on Christmas, the amount of pizza he had consumed was ridiculous.

"Are you liking it in New York then?" Harrison asked the man who was about five inches shorter than he was.

"Aye, it's lovely it's a bit confusing though," Charlie told the tall brunette man who nodded in agreement "and expensive," he added and Harrison chuckled in agreement. "Never in my life have I spent so much on a bloody sandwich," He joked heartily.

"Don't even get me started on the sandwich prices, when I first came over here all I wanted was a standard cheese sandwich and a bottle of water and I ended up spending around ten dollars," Harrison recounted his first experience buying the standard lunchtime snack and how shocked he was, he thought he'd accidentally asked for two or something.

"They're probably twice the size though," Charlie reasoned about the size portions from the UK to the US. Harrison hummed in response, he so desperately wanted to tell Charlie what he came over here to tell him but he didn't know how to approach the conversation.

It wasn't really his place, that's why he was so worried about mentioning it. If he was involved with the band a bit more then he wouldn't really have any issue but he wasn't so it made him feel awkward. What he saw stunned him beyond belief and not in a good way. How would he even approach this conversation topic? Charlie was one of the girls' best friends, how would he say that someone's being a dick to her via text messages? Should he just go outright and say it or ponder around it for a while longer? 

"Erm. . .I don't know if this is an ongoing thing or if you know about it but I thought I'd tell you. . . Before we got our food Oak got a message from someone, he was called David, I believe, and he wasn't being very nice to her. She seemed upset after but I don't know the situation so I thought I'd tell you so you can help or talk to her. . ." Harrison finally mustered up the courage going for the later option, to inform Charlie about what he saw on the girls' screen earlier, who's jaw clenched at just the mention of that bastard.

"Thank you for telling me, I appreciate it," Charlie said genuinely and patted the tall man on the shoulder in a kind way before he went over to Oak who was sat talking with Julian and Aray.