Tamaki Amijiki × Reader: True Happiness

En başından başla

He walked for another 10 solid minutes until he heard faint shuffling behind him. "Tamaki? Didn't expect to see you out here so soon." He turned at the sound of your voice, a small smile coating your lips. "I figured you would have joined Fatgum..." You said stepping closer to him.

"I-I'm sorry-" you put a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, don't worry about it. I should have thought about how much what I said would weigh on you." His eyes softened as he let out a small whimper.

His gaze landed on your face. Your familiar face that, alongside Mirio's, had been there for eternity. He had met you in 3rd grade, but you always cheered him on and would always know just what to say, even if you didn't say anything.

"Do you wanna go watch the sunrise?" You asked, hand falling from his shoulder, noticing his lingering stare. He sucked in a breath and nodded, earning a gentle laugh out of you. "Come on, let's go."

He followed you through part of downtown, onto the top of a building, and by the ledge, taking a seat next to you as the sun began to rise. "So, this may be a bad time to bring this up, but are you ready to meet class 1-A tomorrow?"

Tamaki froze in place, shivers racking his body as he stared at the ground below. You frowned and placed a hand on his, noticing his face flush a crimson red. "Listen, I know that Mirio is going to be there, but if there is anything I could do to help then just let me know."

He could feel his heart thud in his ears as he glanced at you from the corners of his eyes. "Could you be there to just...uhm...help?" You grinned ear to ear, happy that he just asked you to help without feeling bad or remorseful. "Of course! Anything for you Tama."

"The sun..." Tamaki said watching the golden orb rise from the skyline. You turned your head, noticing as the sky began to grow pink and orange, a beautiful mix of colors that could take anyone's breath away. "Time for you to eat it." You joked nudging his shoulder as you stood up, him following suit.

He let out a slight chuckle, only for the empty feeling to return inside him again as he sat beside you. "Tamaki...if you don't want to talk about it, I completely understand but...are you okay?"

Your voice was soft as it rang in his ears. Many people in his life had asked him the same question and he always had the same reply.

A nod.

But for some reason, he couldn't do it. He was frozen, staring straight ahead as his shaky breaths were all that could be heard. He felt dizzy, he didn't know what to do. He wanted to cry and wail while at the same time he wanted to give you a reassuring smile.

His head pounded, mind becoming blurry as thousands of voices rang in his ears, until he felt your touch. You wrapped your arms around him and held him close to you.

"You don't need to say anything Tamaki. It's okay."

His breath hiccuped in his throat as he pulled you into him, hiding his face in your neck while you stood there in silence, a soft breeze whipping around as the sun's glow became more apparent. "I don't need to know why or how. I just want you to feel safe, comfortable...happy."

You stroked his back gently in a repetitive pattern as his indigo hair brushed against your cheek. "Y-...I-I..."
His lanky fingers gripped onto your outfit, as he tried to tell you something with all his might, but his apprehension reeled his words back down his throat.

"Tamaki, after school tomorrow, can I take you out somewhere?" You pulled back from him and watched as his ears twitched and face turned pink. "Wha-I...I'm confused...why would you w-want to go with me...anywhere?" You raised your eyebrows and removed his hood, raising his protective eyewear in the process.