[International Women's Day]

A/N: inspiration credits to @sugarystrawberrycake 💜💜

Charles Leclerc 🇲🇨

Charles had left his apartment very early this morning

Charles had left his apartment very early this morning. His flight to Melbourne was taking off at seven. He had rolled over to see you curled up in the sheets, your hair sprawled out over the pillow. His hand had softly caressed your cheek till your eyelids fluttered and you peaked up at him. "I have to leave, mon amour". His hoarse voice had told you. "I'll call you as soon as I land, okay?". He asked and you hummed in response, snuggling deeper into his chest and it had made him want to stay, yet he knew he couldn't be in bed for five minutes more. You sleepily watched as Charles got dressed, his suitcases packed in the corner of the room. You sat up slightly, shivering at the cold air in the room and you clutched onto the duvet. "Stay in bed, babe". Charles said while tying his laces and getting his jacket on.

"It's too early to be up". He grinned slightly and he leaned towards you to caress your face again. "Go sleep some more, hmm?". Charles watched your sleepy figure as you leaned into his palm. "Safe travels, Charles". You muttered, your fingers curling into his shirt before he kissed your lips. Charles left after kissing you a couple times and you had laid yourself back down, now on his side of the bed. You woke up a couple hours later, the lazy Sunday not meant for anything to do. You slowly made your way to the kitchen to make some breakfast and to see if Charles had sent anything yet, he had a connection flight from somewhere and he'd text you then, but he hadn't texted yet. Your eyes fell on the roses in the middle of the kitchen island and you made your way towards them. A heart box of chocolate was set down next to it, a bottle of your favourite champagne on the other side.

You took the card out of the flowers and it said:

My love,

Today is international women's day and you're the most amazing woman I know. I'm happy you're in my life and today I want to celebrate women too. You've proven so many times to never underestimate a girl.

Je t'aime,
Charles.

Pierre Gasly 🇫🇷