Chapter 21

Harry entered his cell and got his hands freed before he went over to the table near the bars. I turned my head to see him sit down and stare at me coldly, his elbows resting on the table, hands clasped together.

“How did it go?” I asked lowly, careful with my tone.

“Good. What were you talking about?” he narrowed his eyes, his voice deeper than usual.

I shrugged and reached for my pillow to place it on my lap. “Just life.”

He didn't push the subject, he just stared at me way too intently and skeptically. I bet he has his own trust issues when it comes to me, but since I have my own, there is no need for me to tell him what Steve and I were talking about. It's personal and he doesn't have to know everything.

He slouched back in his seat and ran a hand through his hair messily, “I couldn't get to speak to Elijah. He has been busy all day, I don't know how the fuck I'm going to find out what I'm supposed to do now. He has all the plans on his desk.”

“We can't escape this place.” I argued lowly, earning a glare from him.

“Yes we can.” he growled, fisting his palms.

“We're going to die the moment we stepped out—,“

“I didn't ask for your opinion.” He spat bitterly, making me sigh out of frustration. Bipolarity to its finest level.

“You think you have power over everything, you're wrong.” I scolded, annoyed with his tone.

He leaned forward, his whole face darkening with an evil mask of pure arrogance. “I’m never wrong.” There was a tiny part of me that trembled out of fear under his tremendous gaze but I pushed it away.

“Harry, listen to me—,“

“Do you trust me?”

I sighed out of frustration. “Yes.”

“End of discussion.” he pushed his chair back as he stood back suddenly, his face blank.

“Harry—,“

“I said!” he shouted, voice echoing through the room, having the guards lower their heads in fear, his green eyes giving me a warning look. Shut up, let him think whatever he wants, he won't listen to you. “End of discussion, Rosie.” he growled before he turned around and walked towards his bed.

I bit my tongue, although my body was already heated up with anger. So much for being partners, he won't even fucking listen to what I have to say. Suddenly, two groups of four soldiers burst in the room, making me jump at the loud hit of the iron doors. No. It can't be. Sirens echoed over the ceiling, making my guards all move away from my cell. My heart pounded louder when one of the groups came towards my cell and the other one towards Harry.

“Harry,” I warned, making him turn his head and look at me from his shoulder, his eyes softening with worry.

The moment my cell’s door was pulled open, my heart raced with anxiety, goosebumps running along my skin. I sucked in a breath as the soldiers stormed inside my cell, aiming at me with their G3A3 guns.

“Leave her alone!” Harry shouted right before I got jumped, two soldiers grabbing my arms and pinning me against the bars, blocking me from fighting them off.

I screamed as I tried to break free but their grips were too strong on me. This can't be happening. Not now. They cuffed my hands against my will, one of them even slapped my ass as they pushed me forward and out of the cell. One glance over at Harry told me he was being attacked as well. That was all I could see before the soldiers pulled a black mask over my head, taking away my vision.

I was forced to walk down the hallways, the soldiers’ heavy boots slapping hard the ground around me, the sound too scary to me in that moment of freight and shock. This is it. How can it be today? We had one more day. Harry never got to come up with a finished plan to save us. Logan hasn’t even come to visit me after the attack. Maybe Harry was right, Logan really doesn’t care. Cane, too. The two people I could count the most let me down the moment I needed them the most.

Betrayal crushed me. My mind was spinning from the loud sirens, Harry’s muffled screams from behind and heavy footsteps beside me. My heart burned with anticipation and fear for what was coming. With each step closer to death, my heart pounder faster, a strong wave of tingles roaming down my chest.

When a metallic door screeched, loud yells and shouts were heard, making me cringe. I was forced to sit down on a chair – a very stiff, uncomfortable chair that got my body freezing when I finally realized what is going to happen. They uncuffed my hands and put them harshly on the arm rests before cuffing my wrists again, pinning me on the chair. I could hear many men calling me a whore, laughing at my condition. At this moment, I knew there was nothing that could help me.

One of the soldiers pulled the mask off my head, making me gasp in shock at the large crowd down in front of me that shouted and cussed at me. My eyes flitted over to Harry, who fought in the hands of the soldiers violently, trying desperately to get loose. Tears burned my eyes when one soldier smashed his G3A3 on Harry's head, making him fall down on his knees with a grunt. The action got fuckers across from us laughing at Harry, which only added to my frustration.

Harry was pushed violently against the chair and cuffed beside me before the mask was taken off his own head too. His wild, furious green eyes scanned everything around him, making a lot of prisoners below us grow silent. Harry panted, veins bulging out beneath the skin on his neck and forehead.

“I'll kill you all!” he shouted at the top of his lungs, silencing everyone for a couple of seconds before they started laughing and shouting at him.

Then, Harry started laughing, that evil, creepy, bone wrecking laugh that got everyone in the room to shiver and lose their voice. Immediately, they all had fear plastered upon their faces, the sound of Harry’s laugh getting their skin crawl. I, too, felt my inside world shake uncomfortably.

Out of a sudden, a soldier punched Harry hard on the cheek, making his face turn to the side, blood dripping through his nose. My heart jumped with worry mixed in undertones of anger. I fisted my palms and tried to get up, but it was pointless, frustrated grunts coming from my throat.

The doors on the side opened, revealing the head officers of the prison. Three unknown men walked in, but the last man that followed got my heart breaking inside my chest devilishly slowly. His green eyes met my own dark brown ones, both of us holding the gaze, talking without using our voice.

You betrayed me, I glared.

I'm sorry, he apologized.

_____________________________