The Circle

*** This takes place in an AU where magic is obtainable, however not everyone can have it and there are some unique rules.***

About 100 years ago, people began to notice that certain individuals have developed an odd genetic stand, called the Z5 gene, that didn't seem to exist before. It seemed harmless and didn't effect people in drastic ways, however it could only be found during the time of puberty, ages 12 to 18. Then, luck would have it that, about 60 years ago, one of the mutated individuals happened to be at a spot that reacted to their genetic code where they began to use magic.

Fast forward to modern day and after extensive research, money, and time, a lot has now been uncovered about these powers and locations. Schools to teach magic sprang up at the points referred to as Way Points, or points where the planet has unique energy flowing at a constant, and react to the genetic code.

The only way to enter the boarding schools are to pass the test and be accepted to one. The test can be taken once a year from the ages of 12 to 18, however as soon as someone turns 19 they are are incapable of being admitted for learning magic. This is due to the loss of the genetic code after the prime age.

Once accepted to a school for magic, the student must remain on the school grounds for the full four years and pass the graduation, or the connection to the Way Point will be severed and lose the magic forever.

When a student first crosses the threshold of the school, the affinity power is identified, each person to only have one. They begin their studies and connection to that power at that time, however every Full Moon the Circle of Powers shifts and every student changes what magic they can use at that point.

What does this mean? Simply that the person begins with their strongest power and then as the full moon arrives, the power moves to the next one on the circle. Then, you are at your weakest when you are on the opposite side of the circle from your affinity power.

This is the circle chart of powers:

The different Magic Schools are as follows:

Vasorth Academy

Lilrora Arcane Boarding School

Strafarth Way School

Papons Circle Academy

Zilia Arcane Academy

Redorths Elite

Lormine Academy of Arcane

☆~Now for the OC~☆

Name: Damon Hart

Nicknames: Jet, by his mom when young since he had a hard time sitting still. Day, by a girl who was actually scared of his real name thanks to a movie she had watched.