Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Adrienne's POV

"Are you nuts?! We can't go on a vacation!"

I stared at Zayn, dumbfounded. He gathered everyone together in my flat, saying he had a huge announcement. I was not expecting this.

"Why not?" he looked hurt.

"Wha-because! We're kind of in a crisis right now that involves you guys being completely and totally safe! We can't go traipsing around the countryside on a 'vacation'!" I screeched.

"She has a point." Gwen said. Niall smacked her, and she grabbed his hand and twisted his arm behind his back. "Don't touch me again."

"Ow ow ow yes yes okay!" he whimpered. She released him and we all laughed at the expression on Niall's face. Everyone but me. I was pissed at Zayn for putting me in this position.

"Think about it Rienne! We go out in the country, hidden away from anybody who might be looking for us. And at the same time we spend some time together and have fun instead of being cooped up in here all day." Zayn pointed out.

"That is a really good idea." Harry said. The other boys agreed.

Eleanor was staring at me, her eyes pleading me to say yes. Danielle was smiling hopefully, while Gwen still sided with me. I turned to Vi. She was biting her lip, trying not to smile. I sighed.

"Fine. Whatever." I surrendered. Everybody cheered. "On three conditions." I quickly added. The cheering immediately stopped.

"One, we're going way out in the country. Far enough away to not be bothered but close enough in case we need help."

"Agreed." everyone quickly said.

"Two, you have to have more self-defense training. If you're all alone somewhere with the enemy you need to know how to defend yourself. Hopefully you won't be, which is why we have our buddy system, but just in case." the boys seemed more reluctant to accept this one, but they finally relented.

"And third, if I ever suspect we've been found, or that we're in trouble, we're coming back ay-sap. No if, ands, or buts about it. Understood?" I looked around the room. Everyone looked happy and excited.

"Deal!" they shouted.

"Everybody better pack! We leave tomorrow!" Zayn yelled. Everyone but Vi and Gwen turned to leave.

Zayn looked back at me and smirked. I flipped him off as I slammed the door behind him.

The girls sat down on the couches. I stood in front of the TV, arms crossed, staring them down.

"We have a problem."

Vi frowned. "What kind of...problem?"

"I got a call from Ian this morning." I said. "He's in big trouble."

"What kind of trouble?" Gwen narrowed her eyes.

"Well, apparently Rod is still extremely pissed that we left. He really can't do anything about it, considering Simon gave us a mission. Simon is the boss, not Rod. But I guess that doesn't matter to him. He put Ian under some sort of house arrest? I'm not even sure if he's allowed to do that. Ian managed to hack into their database to make the call, and he explained what happened. Rod went through our command center, looking for evidence to where we went. I guess nobody knows about us yet. He said something else about Rod, but the connection was bad. All I heard was static." I finished recounting what happened. The three of us sat in silence for a minute.

"What happened to Rod?" Vi spoke up. "What happened to that cool, calm, carefree guy we all used to know? Now he sounds like a maniac." she sighed.