Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Adrienne's POV

Zayn and I went back into the house to find an angry group. I swallowed nervously and looked around the room. Louis and El were not around, but everyone else was.

Vi and Gwen stood in the front of the room, arms crossed, angry facial expressions.

Vi sighed. "The whole story."

I motioned for everyone to take a seat. I started from the beginning, the very beginning. Except for the part where we were secret agents. We would get arrested and our memory erased for telling that.

I told them about what Ian told me, about Evelyn. How Ian was under house arrest. I told them about my conversation with the man in black at the airport.

Finally, I told them my theory.

"So they're not after you boys. Which you have figured out that that is very bad. But why would they involve you then? They just wanted us. So where do you fit in? The only thing I can figure is they needed to draw us out."

I only received blank expressions for that one. I sighed deeply.

"They needed a way to get to us. How would they know who we were? So, they figured hey, put the worlds' biggest boy band in danger and only the best would be hired to protect them. Do you get it?"

Slowly, they nodded.

"But how would they know that we would be hired? Unless, somehow, they knew Simon was involved?"

"Involved in what?" Liam spoke up.

"Just...us. Because we're detectives. Special detectives." Vi said.

"Oh."

"The point is guys, that we are in ten times more trouble now. And, we're out here in the country, alone. Just us. And...this creepy man dressed in all black which, by the way, we need your name or we'll be forced to knock you out, wipe your memory, and send you packing on the next boat to Antartica." I pointed to the man.

He just laughed and took a seat on the couch next to Danielle. She slowly scooted towards Liam more.

"Choo. They call me Choo."

Niall and Harry snickered. Gwen bit her lip to keep from laughing.

"Um...alright, Choo." I stuttered over his name. "Anyways. Guys, we're just gonna have to keep an extra eye out and stay in the perimeter of the fence outside. You can't miss it. So, for the next three weeks," I gritted my teeth. Three weeks was ridiculous. "We're going to just try and have fun. Okay? We're here now, so we might as well make the best of it."

I could tell that as soon as I said they, Zayn was happy. Something stirred inside me, at the sight of him smiling at me. For some stupid reason, I was feeling-what's the word-giddy? at making him happy. Bleh. Even the very word-giddy-made me gag.

The last time I felt that was when I met Cameron.

I pushed the uncomfortable feeling down and turned away from him.

"Hey, has anyone seen Louis and El?" I looked around the room once more, as did everyone else.

"They're probably upstairs, enjoying some alone time." Harry said, wiggling his eyebrows. Vi slapped him across the face.

"I'm gonna go find them." I turn away from everyone. Zayn follows me as I make my way towards the stairs.

"Mind if I come?" He asks.

"Go for it." I reply, almost running up the stairs.

Zayn runs into the first room, and jumps on the bed. "I claim this room for us!"