Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Adrienne's POV

I tied James up and left him leaning against a pump in the basement. He had already passed out from the pain, but I knew he'd live.

I hobbled up the stairs and into the lobby. The desk clerk came running towards me.

"What happened miss? I heard gunshots!" he trembled.

"Nothing important." I tossed a wad of bills at him. "Keep quiet and don't ever speak of this again." he nodded and took the money.

I limped over to the elevator and headed up to the ninth floor. When the doors opened I saw Vi running towards me.

"Rienne! What happened?"

"Just...let me...sit down." I panted. Why was I so worn out? Tomorrow I needed to resume my daily workout.

"I got us a flat right across from Zayn's. C'mon." Vi helped me into our new flat. I collapsed onto the couch. No sooner than I had laid down the door flew open to reveal Gwen and Eleanor.

"What happened?!" Eleanor cried.

"Calm down El. I'm fine." I snapped.

"I'm sorry. I'm just concerned." she hung her head.

"I know. I'm sorry." I apologized. Then I told them what happened.

"Simon's got him in custody right now. He's gonna see if there's something he's not telling us."

"Who's this Evelyn?" Gwen spoke up.

"I'm not sure." I admitted. "Tomorrow I'm gonna get in touch with Ian and have him research her. For now, I suggest we get some sleep. It's almost midnight." everyone started to leave. "Wake me when it's my shift."

_______________________

Adrienne's POV

I awoke to the sound of someone knocking on my door.

"Ugh." I groggily sat up. They knocked again. I sighed in frustration and got up to answer.

"What?" I growled. It was Zayn. Oh great, just what I wanted in the morning. My neck killed from yesterday and I was unbelievably tired. Now I had Mr. Conceited to deal with.

"Well I was um, wondering what we could do today." he said.

"How about I change and eat breakfast while you don't bother me?"

"What I meant was, me and the boys want to go out. Can we?" he looked hopeful. Oh, this was gonna be fun.

"Hmm, why not? Yeah go ahead." I shrugged.

"Really?!" he exclaimed.

"No." I shut the door in his face.

"Humph." I heard him slouch against my door.

I silently laughed at him.

"Okay, breakfast, breakfast, breakfast." I said to myself. I started digging through the cabinets. Wow, Vi got us a flat. She could've at least done some shopping or took some food from the boys.

"Adrienne Colman!" Eleanor came barging into the flat. "Why did you tell Zayn we're not aloud to go anywhere?" she put her hands on her hips.

"Well, because Eleanor Calder, do you forget what happened yesterday? Do you want a repeat of that? I sure don't. So that's why today, we're gonna hit the gym."

"The gym Rienne? Really? Who wants to go to the gym on a day like this?"

"I figured we could give the guys and Danielle a few pointers in case they need to use them." I crossed my arms and glared at her. Even she couldn't deny that it's a good idea.