Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Adrienne's POV

I sat on the couch, arms crossed, fuming. My blood was boiling and I could tell my face was red. The other girls could tell I was holding in my anger.

"Surprised ladies?" Simon grinned. His two security guards were standing in front of the door, trying to intimidate us. Stupid fools. We could knock them out before they could blink.

"Not really, I smelled you when you walked in the lobby." Gwen sneered.

"Nice one Gwen. Rienne, Rod specifically told you El wasn't aloud back and you went after her anyways. And you two followed. I could have you all removed and/or detained for the behavior you have exhibited."

I continued to ignore him.

Simon sighed. "Well, I'm not going to do either of those things. And I'm not going to make you go back. Actually, I need your help."

I froze. This was something new. Usually Rod assigned our missions. Simon never got involved and most certainly never asked for help.

"Like, a mission?" Gwen spoke up.

Simon hesitated. "Well, kind of. I need..." he bit his lip. "I need you ladies to protect a few people."

Vi narrowed her eyes. "Who? And why?"

Simon grimaced. "I need you...I need you to protect One Direction."

The room was silent. Gwen looked shocked, Vi looked amused, and El was giving Simon the "explain" face.

I started laughing. Everyone turned to me like I was insane.

"Isn't that what the bodyguards are for?" I snickered.

Simon shook his head. "Not anymore. This is something only you girls can do."

I stood up. "Well lemme tell ya something. We're not gonna do it. This is a little baby mission. We're adults. We're the best in the agency. We're not babysitting five spoiled boys." I glanced over at El. She looked sad as she stuck her tongue out at me.

I understand her. It was her boyfriend, and she was probably happy we could all be together doing something fun. But I was not wasting my precious skills and talents on those boys.

"I don't understand Simon." El spoke up. "I mean, I understand Rienne's point of view, minus the babysitting part but what is all this? You want us to protect my boyfriend and his best friends? Why?"

Simon swallowed nervously. I could he wanted to tell us something. Something very bad. "El, I didn't want to have to explain but, I guess I have to."

El looked a little nervous. She could obviously see Simon's hesitation.

"What happened?" she whispered.

"I'm going to get straight to the point. The boys are in danger." El slapped her hand over her mouth. "Today in the studio they...they were attacked. I wasn't there. Two of the boys...they got hurt." El's eyes filled up with tears and she started to shake her head.

"Who was it? And why did they do it?" I asked.

"I don't know. In fact, I have no idea. Why would someone attack a boy band? What harm could they be?"

"Details." Gwen demanded. If anyone could make sense of something, it was Gwen.

The boys were recording their second album when they heard three gunshots. Then the door burst open and three masked figures rushed in. The first two were definitely boys, but the third was a girl. They rushed the boys, and as they tried to defend themselves, Niall and Harry were injured. Harry broke his wrist and Niall had a serious concussion. The other boys got minor cuts and bruises. Then, as fast as they came, they left. Two bodyguards were guarding their room, and one was killed, the other seriously injured. The boys called Simon, and now they were currently at the hospital. El calmed down a little when she heard it wasn't Louis who got hurt, but she was still concerned.

"Let me get this straight." I spoke up. "The boys were attacked, beat up a bit, and then left alone?"

Simon nodded. "Basically."

"This doesn't make sense." Vi said. "Why would their attackers just leave? If people go through all that trouble then usually they would kidnap them. Mostly for ransom or power. Or some stupid ulterior motive. But they let the boys go."

"It was a warning." we all spun around. Ian looked in deep thought. I completely forgot we still had Ian on Skype.

"What?!" Vi snapped, clutching her heart in shock.

"It was a warning." Ian repeated. "They were trying to scare the boys and us. And, it obviously worked. They're definitely professionals. Five strong young men against two other men and a girl? No, they were pros."

"But why? Why would anyone want to hurt them?" El whispered.

"To create confusion." Gwen reasoned.

"Yes. That too worked. Their attackers have a motive, we just don't know it yet. And we won't until they want us to." Through the computer screen, we saw Ian sit back and smirk.

"It makes sense." I admitted. "They're warning us: we're here. We're a threat. We'll do anything. And there's nothing you can do about it."

"Perfect." Vi sighed and sat back. "That means they'll be back. And they'll keep coming back, attacking at random times to show us they're not afraid. Until, at last, they'll reveal their master plan."

I turned to Simon. "What are we supposed to do?"

"Protect them. Be with them at all times. They go somewhere, you follow. Never leave them alone." Simon demanded.

"And how is that going to work? Three girls 'hanging' out with One Direction. People are going to get suspicious." Gwen pointed out.

Simon nodded in agreement. "Exactly. Which is why...why I need you three to pose as their girlfriends."

_______________________

Authors Note:

So I know this chapter is even shorter than the previous one and I'm sorry! But, as I said before, I PROMISE they will get longer and better!

If there is any confusion about something that's going on in the story, please do not hesitate to ask.

Again, please comment! I absolutely love feedback on my stories.

So with that said, comment, vote, fan, etc.

Thanks :)