Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Adrienne's POV

I grabbed Zayn's frappe from the girl's hand and threw 5 euros at her.

"Keep the change." I said, taking Zayn's hand and pulling him out of the store.

"Rienne, what the hell was that?!" he exclaimed once we were out of the store.

"Don't look now but there's a woman wearing a brown furry coat and smoking a cigar following us."

Zayn whipped his head around and I yanked him back around. "I said don't look!" I hissed.

"Sorry." he panted and he tried to keep up with my pace. I was fast walking, trying to ditch this woman. "But how do you know she's following us?"

"Because five minutes ago she was wearing a blue jumpsuit and jogging behind us."

"How do you know it's the same lady?"

I gave him an are-you-kidding-me look and he swallowed. "Are we in danger?"

"We will be if we don't get somewhere. Where's your flat?"

"Um it's on the east side of the city, across from Victoria Park."

I calculated the distance from where we were to the east side of the city. "It'll be 20.3 minutes on foot and 7.9 minutes with a taxi. Add on traffic and it'll be 11.5 minutes. Taxi!" I raised my arm and hailed a taxi. I pushed Zayn in first and jumped in after him.

"Victoria Park. As fast as you can get there." I demanded.

"Bu-"

"Just drive!" I shouted. The taxi driver nodded and stepped on the gas pedal.

I turned around in my seat. The woman was running towards the taxi, anger plain on her face.

The taxi shot away from her, and she gritted her teeth in frustration. I saw her hail another taxi, and she quickly jumped into it, yelling orders.

"They're catching up!" Zayn yelled.

"Calm down!" I demanded, tossing my phone at him. "Hit one then call. It's Vi. Tell her we're heading into a car chase and for her to tell everyone to get to your flat unnoticed." I leaned forward. "Driver, we're being followed by that other taxi. I need you to step on it and go faster. Try to lose them."

The driver looked scared. He was trembling. "H-h-how??" he stuttered.

"Just go fast and dodge cars. Run a red light. Get us to the park." I turned back to Zayn. "Did you get a hold of her?"

He nodded. "She said she'll call the others and let them know."

"Good." I turned my attention back to the following taxi. There was no taxi driver now, the lady was sitting in his place. She had a determined look on her face and she was getting closer and closer.

I sighed. I tried to avoid this. "Driver, move over." I got up, trying move to the front.

"What?!" he screamed, looking at me like I was insane. Oh, so now he understood me.

"You heard me. Move!" I shouted. He unbuckled and scooted over. I hopped in his spot and grabbed the wheel, barely avoiding a collision with another car.

I suddenly turned sharply to the right, almost flipping the car. The woman followed. We continued this cycle for ten minutes, with me almost flipping the car six times.

I glanced back, and, seeing that the woman was falling behind, I sped up. Dodging an elderly man and a woman walking her dog, I veered left and then quickly jerked the car right. I could see the park ahead.