Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Adrienne's POV

I gripped the railing and slid under it. Jumping up, I did a quick check of my surroundings. There were collapsing buildings on either side of me, casting shadows that anyone can be hiding in. That went both ways.

Dark corners provided places for me to hide, but they also gave the enemy cover. I stealthily backed up until I was two feet in front of a wall. I placed my hands on the bricks and proceeded to climb the wall. Then, spying the fire escape, I reached up and latched a hand onto it. I landed with a soft grunt on the metal, then quickly pulled myself up and climbed the rest of the way.

I reached the top and grabbed the gutter, using it to pull myself onto the roof of the collapsing building. I laid down and scooted to the edge. I peered down, scanning the area for any sign of the enemy.

"Vi? Gwen? Ian?" I whispered, fidgeting with the comms unit in my ear. I hesitated for a second before whispering, "Eve?"

They were my team. Well, I considered Vi, Gwen, and Ian my team. Eve was new. And she sucked.

Anyways, back to the mission at hand.

"Yo Adrienne! Where you at?" I rolled my eyes as Eve's voice came through. She was so annoying.

"Shut up Eve!"I hissed. "Concentrate!" then I saw her. She was trying to slink across the pavement unnoticed. Trying, mind you. She wasn't succeeding.

"Eve a plane could see you! What the hell do you think you're doing?! Oh never mind, tell me. Do you see anyone?" I watched as Eve scouted around at ground level.

Then a raspy voice came through our comms. "Hello! How's everyone doin' today?"

"Rod." I growled. "Where is she?"

"Oh hello Rienne. Nice to see you. And if you mean your little pet, Nancy, well she'll be fine. IF you can find her in time!"

I was about to speak when Eve cut me off. "Rod you tell us where she is or I'll...I'll..."

"You'll what? Come after me? Ha, good luck ladies! You'll need it." then he was gone.

"Adrienne, what does he mean, in time?"

I swallowed. "He means the bomb."

From the roof I saw Eve's face drop. Then she stood up straight and looked at the building to her right. The one I was currently laying on.

"Nancy's in there. I could hear Rod's voice from it. Which means the bomb is there." Eve got this look on her face, the look that meant she was going to do something stupid. And she did. She ran straight for the building.

"NOOO!!" I screamed as the building blew up. And they said humans can't fly.

I landed on a cushion and rolled off. "Ugh." I grunted. I angrily stood up and brushed myself off.

"EVE!!" I screamed. Eve shyly came out of the building. "What the hell was that?! You can't just go running into enemy territory when they have a hostage and a bomb! And you know that the enemy wouldn't be in that building with a bomb! The enemy's not that stupid! You're lucky this was training or we'd be dead!" I finished my rant as Rod came out of the other building.

"Calm down Adrienne. Nice job by the way, your acting skills are getting better."

"Thanks Rod." I mumbled. "But she needs to learn--" Rod cut me off.

"She will. She will."

"No Rod! She wont! I'm sick of sitting back and listening to you tell me that she'll get better when she won't! I can't work with her!" I dropped my voice to a whisper. "I need El."

Rod sighed. "I knew this was coming. Well Adrienne, I'm sorry. El is gone. She broke the rules and when given a choice she quit on us. Someone like that is bad news for us. We need someone to trust, someone who respects the rules. We can't deal with someone like El. It was all for the best."

I scowled. How could Rod say those things about El? Didn't he remember how she saved his life? She was one of the best agents we ever had. Not to mention one of my best friends.

"Whatever Rod." I turned to leave. Then I stopped and looked back at him. "If, and a big IF here, I could convince El to come back, would she be aloud?" as my eyes met his, I immediately knew the answer. The sadness in his eyes told me enough. She was done. I nodded and backed off. It had been 11 months since El left. 11 months and I still missed my partner and best friend like crazy.

_______________________

Perhaps I should explain myself. My name is Adrienne Colman. I'm 18 years old and part of the worlds most secret spy organization: the UPA. The UPA stands for Undercover Protection Agency. I was recruited when I was 10, and for the past 8 years I have been trained in the art of being a spy/secret agent.

My team consists of 17 year old Violet Jones, who we call Vi. She is classified in the weapons category and can kill you 1,000 different ways with a toothpick.

Next is 18 year old Gwen Seaman. She is classified as 'stealth and navigation.' Gwen is the slyest person in the world, as she can practically disappear before your eyes. She is also the master of disguise, and the brains of the group. Gwen specializes in kickboxing and karate.

Then there is 19 year old Ian Bishop. Ian is our techie. Next to Gwen, he is the brains. He can hack into the government's most top secret facilities in under 5 seconds. (I know because he has and I was there.) He can set up a high-tech computer virus and transfer it to every computer in the country in 10 seconds. (Again, yes it has happened and yes I was there.)

Last but not least, there is Eve Mitchell. Eve is a new recruit, and after the loss of El, Rod handed her over to us. She specializes in nothing except getting us killed in training.

El was one of our most valued agents. She was also my best friend. 19 year old Eleanor Johnston who could kill you with her pinky. Who was smarter and more resourceful than all of us combined. Who left the agency because she fell in love with one of the worlds most wanted boys, Louis Tomlinson.

_______________________

Author's Note:

Hey guys! So this story idea just popped in my head, and I just had to write it. I know it's different, but that's the point. I don't want a normal fanfic where the boys are being chased by crazed fans and you run into them and give them a place to hide then you fall in love with one of the boys. Yes, some of those story's are great, but they're not original. I want my own, unique, and original story. And with all the good ideas I have planned for this story I think it will be :)

So please, comment and tell me what you think!! It would mean so much!!

Thanks :)