Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Adrienne's POV

The wig itched my head and for the billionth time I resisted the urge to itch. I scanned the airport lobby looking for Vi and Gwen.

I spotted Gwen first. She was helping an elderly woman with her stuff. I made a mental note to give her a pat on the back for the good cover. Gwen had a black wig on, with color contacts. Her eyes were a bright green instead of the usual soft blue.

Vi was dressed as a hippie, blending in with a group of hippies we spotted when we first exited the plane. She had a platinum blonde wig on and blue color contacts.

My head itched again and I gritted my teeth. I reached up and quickly itched my head, sighing in relief when it went away. I had on a short red wig and green color contacts. I also had on a fake nose. It was as uncomfortable as the wig. I glanced at my clock. 5:56. At 6:15 we were meeting at the Strand Palace Hotel. I left the lobby and went to get a cab.

Sitting in the backseat of the cab, I sifted through my fake ID's until I found the one that matched my disguise. While I was in London I would be going by the name of Callie McDonald. A simple American girl who was on a college trip to London.

"Here Miss?" The cab driver pulled in front of the Strand Palace Hotel.

"Yes, thank you." I said in a high-pitched voice. I handed the driver a few pounds and smiled.

"Have a good day." he returned the friendly smile and drove off.

Gwen and I sat in the hotel lobby, waiting for Vi to show up. Gwen was on time but Vi was almost two hours late. I was trying to assure Gwen that Vi was smarter than to get herself caught when Vi came running into the lobby, drenched from the pouring rain.

"Vi!" Gwen exclaimed, running to embrace Vi.

Vi smiled wearily. "It's nice to see you but I just want to sleep!"

I laughed. "Let's go check in."

After we checked in and got settled, Vi told us why she was late.

"Apparently one of Rod's agents got suspicious because I was followed. I had to go way out of town and pretend to be some lost hippie who needed a drink. Thank God the first house I stopped at let me in." Vi collapsed on her bed and was soon asleep.

"Better sleep guys. We look for El tomorrow."

_______________________

Eleanor's POV

I leaned over and buried my head in Louis' shoulder, breathing in his scent. He smelled so good. He put his arm around me and pulled me closer.

"Aw look at them! They're so cute!" I heard someone say. I opened one eye and saw Danielle and Liam standing there staring at us.

"You're one to talk. Look at you and Liam." I smiled and stood up. Dani gave me a soft smile and took Liam's hand.

"Thanks. You guys ready to go shopping?!" she exclaimed.

"Well, I am but I'm not sure Louis is." I motioned to Louis asleep on the couch.

"I'll wake him." Liam said.

"C'mon Dani, we better get outta here before he wakes up. He'll be upset." we both laughed and after telling Liam we'd be waiting in the car, made our way outside.

It was a beautiful morning in London, and I was more than happy to spend it with my boyfriend and two best friends.

At the thought of best friends, my heart sank. It had been 11 months and I still missed them like crazy.