Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Adrienne's POV

I bent over, placing my hands on my knees. I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. Stalker Sarah lay at my feet, dead.

I didn't want to do it. In fact, I almost didn't. But I pictured Danielle's face when she talked about Liam, and when she was so worried for him. My heart broke. I have no idea why, as I can be pretty cold hearted, but for some reason, that tore my heart.

I've never experienced love. In fact, I don't even believe in love. Love is for children. But when I imagined something happening to Liam and Danielle's reaction, I had to kill Stalker Sarah. It was people like her who only brought pain and suffering to others. That was why I killed her.

Now, as I looked down at her lifeless body, I couldn't help but feel pity. Somebody out in the world could be missing her. She could be married, she could have a boyfriend, she could have children. I shook my head to clear all thoughts of her.

If I dwelled on this every time sometime died, I'd be an emotional wreck. This kind of thought could break me down. I dimly heard Danielle leave; I knew she didn't leave the first time. I heard her slump against the wall in the hallway, then peer back in before I killed Stalker Sarah.

I straightened back up and walked over the kitchen counter where my phone was. I picked it up and dialed Simon. I was calling him a lot lately, but I couldn't call Rod. He didn't exactly know where we were, and he'd sent Eve after us. I made a mental note to find and avoid her.

"Hello?" Simon answered.

"Simon." I croaked.

"Rienne? Are you alright?" he said, concerned.

"I'm here, in my flat. I was...attacked. Again. It was the lady who followed Zayn and I yesterday."

I heard Simon sigh. "They never quit do they?" I heard him mutter. "Alright well, I'll send someone over to come being her in."

"Um...Simon?" I hesitated. "She's...she's dead."

Simon sucked in a breath. "Rienne. You know the consequences."

"I know Simon. But...this was necessary. I had to." I swallowed, bile rising in my throat.

"Death is never necessary."

"Until it becomes a priority." I quoted his words. The words he told me the first day I was recruited with the UPA.

It was silent for a few moments before Simon spoke again. "I'll send someone over to get her." he hung up. I put my phone down, and lifted my hand to my face to brush a piece of my hair out of my eyes. My hand touched something wet, and it was then I realized that I was crying.

"Rienne!" Liam's frantic voice reached my ears. "Rienne, what happened?" he ran in the room.

I stepped in front of Stalker Sarah, trying to block her from Liam's view. But he wasn't paying attention to me.

"It's Danielle!" he cried. "I walked into our flat and she was laying on the floor, unconscious!" he looked on the verge of tears.

"She's fine Liam. It's just that...she saw something she shouldn't have."

"What?! What did she see?!"

I swallowed. "Liam, I need you to get everyone. Bring them here. There's something I need to tell all of you."

_______________________

Eleanor's POV

Liam came running down to the gym, saying something about Danielle and how Rienne needed us ASAP. We all rushed upstairs and into her flat. There were pieces of wood laying all over the place, and the glass coffee table in the living room was smashed to pieces. There was a small trail of blood going back into the hallway, and one of the couches was tipped over. All in all, it was the result of a fight.