Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Adrienne's POV

I woke up with a pounding headache. My body felt like it was on fire.

"Umph." I slowly sat up. My vision was blurry, and I couldn't tell where I was. I didn't even remember what happened.

Then a sound like a door being opened reached my ears.

"Rienne! You're awake!" A familiar voice shouted. Then a chorus of "let me through!" And "get out of my way!" followed.

My vision cleared up and I saw everyone standing around me. Suddenly everything came rushing back.

"Oh my god." I muttered. I put my head in my hands. "What did I miss?" I looked back up at everyone.

"Well," Vi started. "After the plane rocked a couple times and we were all pitched to the floor, you hit your head on a seat and got knocked out. The gunshot was the guy who saved our lives. He shot the dude with the detonator. Then he got us all off the plane and brought us here!"

"Okay, first of all, what guy? And second, where is here?"

Gwen spoke up. "Some guy dressed in black came in and saved us. He said he was sent by Simon to keep up safe. And here is our vacation house!"

I barely heard the rest of Gwen's sentence after "some guy dressed in black." I knew immediately that he was the man who I spoke to at the airport. A million things raced through mind. Like, why did he save us? Was he really sent by Simon? An if Simon did send him, why? Did he not think that we could keep the boys safe? After all, that's why we were hired.

"Rienne?" El looked concerned. "Are you okay?"

I got up off of the bed I was laying in and stood up. "I'm fine. I want to meet this savior of ours."

***

Turns out, I was right. I mean, I usually am, but on this, I had a good chance of being wrong. But I was right.

Actually, I was right on two things. First of all, that this vacation was a horribly bad idea. And second, that is was the man in black who I met at the airport.

I walked out of the bedroom I was in, and into a spacious living room and dining room connected. The man in black was sitting on the couch, watching TV. He spun around when I walked in.

"Hello, Miss Colman."

"Hi." I said coldly.

"Rienne? You know him?" Zayn asked.

"Ah, I see." The man got up off of the couch and walked over to us. "You haven't told your friends about out little meeting." He said smugly. I clenched my fists.

"What meeting? What is he talking about Rienne?" Vi asked.

"Nothing." I waved off her question.

"No, tell them Rienne." The man in black crossed his arms.

"We met at the airport. He followed us. And I assume he even followed us on the plane. So why did you save us? And who are you really?"

"Oh no, Rienne. We're not done. That's not all. Tell them. Tell your friends what we talked about."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "It doesn't matter."

"No, he's right. You're hiding something from us Rienne. Something that I know concerns us. You need to tell us." Gwen came to stand beside me, hands on her hips.

"Fine!" I shouted. I spun around to face the group. "The bad guys? They're not after you." I pointed to the boys. They're after us." I turned to Vi and Gwen. They gasped. "There! Are you happy?!" I yelled, my voice cracking at the end. I ran out of the house.