Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Adrienne's POV

Vi and I hopped in the elevator and headed to the first floor. On the way down, I gave her a description of the man who attacked Zayn and I.

The elevator doors popped open and Vi and I walked over to the front desk. As soon as the guy at the desk saw me he shrank back and lifted up his arm. He had a gun, and it was pointed straight at me. I sighed.

Walking over to him, I held my hand out. "G-get b-back. I'll shoot!" he cried, trembling.

"No you won't." I grabbed the gun away from him. He whimpered.

"Don't hurt me."

"I'm not gonna hurt you." I said, puzzled. "I just need some information."

He nodded.

"First of all, why are you afraid of me?"

"Th-the man said-" he started.

"Wait, what man? The one who was shooting at me before?" the guy nodded.

"Ugh." I said, disgusted. "Of course. Well sir, I'd like to tell you that whatever he said, it's not true. Remember, he shot at me. Now, which way did he go?"

"He took the stairs."

"What?!" Vi exploded "Rienne we gotta get back upstairs!" Vi turned to go.

"Wait!" the desk clerk said. "He didn't go upstairs. He went down in the basement."

Vi and I shared a look. What would he need in the basement?

"Okay, Vi. Get us a flat. I'm going into the basement after him. When you're done, don't follow me. Go back upstairs and help Gwen."

Vi nodded. "Okay. Good luck."

I took one look at the terrified desk clerk and Vi before I put the gun in my waist belt.

I could handle this guy.

_______________________

Eleanor's POV

Louis and I went back to Louis' flat where we lived together. Dani and Liam lived right across from us. We said goodnight and went inside.

I changed into a pair of sweats and a hoodie and flopped down on the couch. Louis wrapped his arms around me. I sighed.

"What's wrong love?" Louis asked, concerned.

I hesitated, then decided to tell him. "I've just never been more scared in my life."

You probably think I'm lying when I say that because of everything that I've dealt with in the past, but that's the truth. Louis was never involved in the past, but now that he is, I'm so terrified. I can't let him get hurt.

Louis slid down next to me and held me. "Don't be. It's okay love. Everything will be okay." I started to cry. "Don't cry love."

"I'm sorry." I mumbled, wiping my eyes. "I'm just so worried for you."

"Please don't be. Your friends will take good care of us."

I smiled through my tears. "I know they will. They can do it."

"See? Even you know they can. So let's forget this nonsense and watch a film huh?"

I nodded. "Let's watch Titanic. I'll make the popcorn and you stick in the movie!" I jumped up and ran for the kitchen.

I put the popcorn in the microwave and stepped back. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. I grabbed a kitchen knife and hopped over the counter. I silently crept up to the door.