19♥️

Lekha's P.O.V.....

I expected my parents to listen to me but 'nope' nobody wants to. My good friend Lily too was away spending her time in her hometown somewhere near Siberia. I  did not want to call and disturb her with my sorrow but was left alone until Aarya came to my rescue. As it is said 'always expect the unexpected'  Out of the blue, Aarya appeared on my front door, stayed with me those two days and he supported me in the most cruicial days of my life. Initially I thought Aarya wouldn't care for me anymore, infact nobody else would but to my surprise he came to our house a week later along with Avni, "Lekha, I need to talk to you!" He said when Avni was busy talking with my brother in the other room. I think Avni was trying to pacify my brother, who too was in deep sorrow but he was unwilling to talk to me. All my thoughts were on my brother, 'wish we both could talk to each other!!' I was still thinking of him when Aarya came close to the place I was standing in the living room and snapped at me saying "Lekha, I need to talk to you!"
It was then I realized what he was saying.

"Yes tell me!"

"Sit here!" He said tapping on the space next to where he was seated. I sat next to him on the sofa, leaving a little space in between us.

"Lekha I want you to feel me as your friend, save my number and call me whenever you feel the need to talk to anyone!" I was shocked, this was something new from him. I was still trying to understand what he was saying, he but continued "I never ever want you to feel alone! I am always there for you!" He said holding my left palm and squeezed it a bit he was trying to assure me.

I turned my head and was staring at him in awe.

"Are you even listening to me?!" He asked me in a serious tone shaking my shoulders. "Hmm...hmm..yes!!" I could not believe my own ears.

"No matter what time it is, I will definitely respond to your call or messages, be assured that I will always be with you, forever!!" Aarya's words seemed so solid, strong and I began feeling like I was anchored back again to the ground. I felt totally lost until now, felt like I was flowing with the wind wherever it took me.

"I am going to Hyderabad to meet my grandparents this weekend!" He said and paused for few seconds, and again continued "would you like to join me?" He asked shocking me again.

"No Aarya, I am still not ready to go there!" I replied blatantly, I was in deep sorrow, still coming to terms with the loss of my parents. 'For now i just want to keep up to myself!'

Avni and Jatin spoke for some more time while my subconscious mind was empty with absolutely no words or feelings to share with Aarya right then.
'Hope he understands me correctly!! Keeping my fingers crossed!' I thought and crossed my fingers.

"Don't worry I am not upset or I do not expect anything from you! You don't need to feel scared that I might withdraw from you!! There's no doubt about it, be assured I am always there for you!" Aarya again touched my left palm of which I still kept my fingers crossed and squeezed it delicately.
'How could he know what I am thinking?' That situation all of a sudden puzzled me, it was as if he peeked into my subconscious mind and addressed to it right away.

I could not sit there anymore. On the pretext of drinking water, vacated that place. Went into the kitchen, stood there leaning on to the counter, 'what's with this sudden change in him? He always hated me and now why this U-turn? He must be just sympathetic towards me, that's it!!' I concluded deliberately since I did not wish to get hurt thinking of any other reason behind this favour Aarya was pouring on me and one fine day I would get to know that he is not what I thought.

Drinking some water, I walked straight into my bedroom without even turning back. 'This is just a momentary favour he is feeling towards me, once he goes back to his college then he'll forget me again!'

I opened my sketch book, scribbled a few times when I heard a knock on my door "come in" I said and immediately I saw the door open with Aarya standing behind it. Seeing him I put aside my book, "No don't stop, I just came to say that I am leaving now. Will meet you again when I am back from Hyderabad! "he said and even before I could reply he continued "give me you number Lekha, I'll save it!"

I was unsure if all this was just a dream,'I am going to open my eyes anytime now to be disappointed!!' but somehow worded out my number to him. Saying "bye" he left. I continuously tapped my cheeks with both hands trying to wake myself from this fallacy.
My cheeks burned but nothing else changed. I still did not want to believe in whatever he spoke, 'let's see if he'll continue with what he said!!'

A week passed by with Lily knocking at the door, she embraced me the moment she entered and we both ended up in tears. "I am there for you, alright!" She tried to console me. Even though she said so, the hurt of losing one's parents is so deep that I believe only time can heal the wound and nobody else. I am at least happy that my good friend is back and also our school was going to reopen within a fortnight, which I am sure will help me handle the loneliness.

Lily spent the whole day with me sharing how hard it was for her to leave her boyfriend and come back here. I was not so interested to listen like before, my mind was sucked in making it pretty difficult to reciprocate to others feelings. My thoughts were constantly on my parents, I started fantasizing about them being alive, living in Singapore and kept talking to them in my mind all the time as if I was sharing some information with them just like the way I used to call my mother and talk when they really were alive.

I received no message from Aarya instead Lily kept pinging me every now and then 'you proved to be my true friend Lily!'
It was the first day back to school which I was very unwilling to go, was not interested at all but was not willing to stay at home all alone. I had multiple thoughts and feelings, somehow I convinced myself and was getting ready when I heard the door bell ringing. Before I could go Jatin opened and heard him talking to someone. 'Must be some paper boy, its the month beginning!!' I focused on what all to take and was arranging my bag when I heard "come on get ready soon, you'll be late on your first day!" Hearing a familiar voice I turned around and it was none other than Aarya.

"I know!"
'What is he doing here? Why does he care if I'm late?!'

"Because I do not want my friend to be late to school!" he sounded so cheerful. I chose not to reply, whatever attitude he was trying to project about himself was fake 'i know the real you Aarya!'

I was angry on my parents for pushing me into this situation 'why didn't you both listen to me? You could have taken the next flight!!' Again I was talking to them which was anyways futile. I walked out with Aarya following me that was a bit awkward moment for me. Jatin still chose not to speak with me and so was I.

"Lekha wait  I have my bike, will drop you!!" said Aarya.

"I don't need all this Aarya!!" I replied running away from there as soon as we   got out of the elevator. I ran a couple of hundred meters and paused my steps when I saw Aarya right in front of me on his bike that appeared new.
"Hop on Lekha!"

"What's all this nonsense Aarya? Leave me alone!" I said angrily.

"Don't make a fuss here in front of all these people Lekha, let me drop you until I'm here!!"

"After you leave who's gonna drop me then? Huh..!!  Jatin does not want to talk to me, he thinks I'm the reason behind all this! And now you are trying to be nice with me, what are you trying to prove here?" I yelled back.

"I am not trying to prove anything Lekha, just trying to be with you! That's it!!"

"I don't need anybody okay!! I was born alone, will live alone and die alone!! Above all for your kind information, I don't even want to live!!" I shouted at him in tears blurring my vision. I could see nothing except felt the warm hug of Aarya, I wanted to push him away but could not instead ended up wrapping my arms around him and sobbed. "Why did they leave me Aarya?"

"Shh...I am here and will be with you forever!!"

***

Hey guys, please read, vote and comment on this chapter as well!
Thank you
Sujatha ♥️