4♥️

Three more years passed by, with Avni being a regular student of Anita learning embroidery now. Lekha was more interested in being alone, kept herself busy with sketching in a book which she never showed to anybody. She most of the time kept to herself, never poked her nose into others matters and expected others to do the same with her and many times suffered due to this expectation and that too mainly due to Aarya.

"Amma why can't I tell Aarya to stop screeching the chair on the floor, it's so annoying, I am unable to sleep!!" Lekha complained one late evening after they had their dinner and she was retiring to her room.

"Come sit with me my baby, let me explain something to you!" Said Anita following Lekha into her bedroom, she sat next to her daughter on the edge of the bed facing the door and continued "you see when that person gets to know that you are getting annoyed by his actions, he would make sure to tease you, mock you, more and more. We cannot let others know our weaknesses, so for that sake we need to learn to be patient. If you stop reacting for few days, he would slowly stop doing that! So now its upto you, either you learn to ignore or be strong enough to face this situation and fight for your rights! Whatever you wish to choose, you decide!!"
Anita tried explaining to Lekha with a doubt if she could understand the meaning of that.

'Hope you would understand this better as you grow old Lekha!!' Thought Anita looking at her daughter.

"How will he know if I am not reacting to his actions?!"

"Simple, it's your actions that'll give him the reply. See if you ignore him then he will try not to bother you since he knows you are strong and if you fight for your rights and get irritated, tell him or warn him, he may stop doing this but later on he may choose some other way to annoy you!! Do you understand what I am saying!" Explained Anita.

"So this means I must ignore him which is the better option for me now, and not only he but I must ignore all those who are affecting me. Is that right amma?!" asked Lekha.

"You're really a smart girl, see you've grasped it so soon!" praised Anita, kissed her forehead and was about to leave the room when Lekha said, "amma he even calls me as Caterpillar!!"

"I must agree with Aarya on this!" said Anita shocking Lekha.

"Amma?!"

"Do you know what happens to a Caterpillar when it grows old?"

Lekha nodded with a reply "a butterfly"

"So it means you are going to turn into a beautiful butterfly within few years!"

Anita's words pacified Lekha and kept thinking that when will the day come when she would turn into a beautiful butterfly, but then the noise made by Aarya on in his room annoyed Lekha at times even though she understood her mother's words she still needed sometime to learn ignoring that noise on her bedroom roof.

It was during one mid January afternoon, Anita had to go to get some groceries when Avni and her naughty brother Aarya rang the bell of Lekha's apartment.

"Come in Avni, amma went to buy some groceries, please sit, she'll be back soon!" said Lekha walking towards her brother's bedroom, knocking on the door she yelled, "Avni and Aarya are here, will you stop playing that loud music?! And your stupid guitar too!!"

The moment Jatin heard about Avni, he reduced the volume, put aside his guitar and wore a nice Tee Shirt, combed his hair and came out wearing his usual look xthat shocked Lekha. She could not stop herself from praising his looks "wow! you look so handsome.!!"

"Stop it Lekha!!" Jatin yelled and shut her mouth with his palm while he was blushing, expecting a comment from Avni.

"Leave me...or else I'll tell about this to daddy!" Lekha mumbled that earned her freedom from the gagging. She immediately ran into her room leaving the door ajar.