18♥️

Aarya's P.O.V continues.....

Lekha had high fever, she kept mumbling all through the night. I was in shock learning about Jatin's behavior.
'How can such loving brother turn so hostile towards his sister?' I wondered. There must be some explanation as to why everyone abandoned Lekha. I must not do the same with her now, her parents were so good with me, they never treated me like an outsider and so this is the time I repay their love.

Lekha hardly spoke the next day, she continued with her gestures and above all she did not even try to look at me. She tried to be self reliant with whatever she needed, did not even ask me for anything.
'What is going on in her mind? How do i find out?!'

As expected two days later all of them were back home but I spent those two days with Lekha without having any conversation. It was as if we both were out of words. Anne kept calling me every now and then, I was in no mood to talk to her at all 'she does not even know what's going on here and she's sending me all types of sexy images of hers!!'  I sent her a message of my present status, how important it was for me to attend Lekha until Jatin comes back since she was so vulnerable and requested her to not send those pictures. 'I hope she understands!'

I embraced Jatin as he walked in without saying a word and returned back home with my parents and sister, who appeared all tired. I kept waiting the whole day to find out what actually happened, but that idiot Pinky too just returned back from Jalandhar that afternoon and kept on saying "Aarya I need to talk to you!!" To which I ignored.

'Not in a mood to listen to her, its always some tantrums she throws on us. Papa should understand that allowing these kind of people to live with us is much bothersome to us all!!'

I continued ignoring her all the day and by evening I saw Ma folding clothes sitting on her bed. Finding the opportunity, I raised the topic "Ma, how did this all happen?" I tried to find out.

"Its all because of that girl Lekha!!"

"Come on Ma, how can she be responsible? At least be rational in your thinking!!" I argued to which my mother never agreed. She justified by saying "Jatin's grandfather told me about Lekha's horoscope, she is a very unlucky girl!!"

"Ma you are pathetic in your thoughts and so is that old bastard!!" I yelled her in anger. How can anyone believe in horoscope so blindly? 'I believe, life is full of choices and one's life turns the way they choose from the opportunities presented to them in life!!' And it is not horoscope its horror scope!!' I was too angry on Ma and walked out of the house. My bike wasn't here, so had to walk.

I settled on a bench under a Gulmohar tree that had bright crimson flowers surrounded by yellow coloured flowering trees in the park close to home, that evening. I could see kids enjoying their time, some playing football, some young girls playing with their dolls seated on the grass at a corner of that garden, making me recollect my childhood days when I spent my time playing in the garden at our apartment complex. Once during that time I and Lekha were walking back home with Lekha crying since some girl taunted her for having dark skin. I was angry on that girl for making Lekha cry. On the way back home Lekha told me a story of once in a blue moon which she heard from her father and she even told me that she would wait for her prince who would love her for her good heart and not value for her looks.

'Can anyone fall in love for good nature? And how would one know what kind of goodness they have?'

I was reminiscing good old days when I was interrupted by some vagabond who sat on the grass some ten feet away from me. He kept chanting out loud the same words "pyar aur havas (love and lust)" continuously to which I initially did not intend to listen but all of sudden his pitch was high that made me turn to him. I was about to tell him to fuck off when I heard him say, "tu pyar aur havas ke beech phasaa hua hai bache (you're caught up in between love and lust son)" I was surprised by the way he was staring at me and saying it "tu pyar ko chunegaa, sab achcha hoga, havas ko chunegaa tu nasht ho jayegaa (you choose love, everything will be fine, you choose lust then you'll be destroyed)"