13♥️

Lekha's P.O.V.....

Entering inside their home I found it so beautiful, there was this huge hall with two small chandeliers on either side of the long living room along with a wooden shelf that harboured many miniature artifacts 'i dont know how or when she collected so many of them!!' I wondered looking at them. There were a few indoor plants like the money plant, snake plant and even calla lillies white ones on the glass center table.

"Your home is so beautiful Aunty!" I could not stop myself from praising her.

"I am nothing in front of your mother, she is the one who not only decorates but also has the ability to maintain it!!" I just smiled listening to Deeksha aunty praising amma.

Avni showed me around their new home. Each and every article was well placed, it was very beautifully decorated. They even have a small terrace garden "wow this is awesome!!"

"You know in this pollution having plants around is good and eating proper food is a must and that too home grown vegetables organically is the best! When we have the opportunity why not avail it!!" Avni explained.

'Wish i too could grow some of them like this in my brother's apartment!!'

Pinky was not with us, 'she must be busy wooing my brother!' I was angry on her all the while and as expected by the time we were back in the living room I noticed Pinky talking to Jatin continuously that angered Avni too this time.
"Why can't you go and mind your business?!" Avni yelled at Pinky shocking me. I have never seen her so angry, Avni always spoke soft and nice.
As it is said even if we try and corner a cat it will pounce on us, guess that is what happened here. 'I still did not know who this Pinky was?!'

"Calm down Avni!" Jatin said hurriedly getting out from the sofa but it appeared to me as if he took this opportunity to free himself from that bitche's cluches. Pinky's face turned red in anger-- I could barely control my smile looking at her disfigured face. I was about to ask Aunty regarding Pinky meanwhile Avni blurted out herself "we are tolerating you just because you are my father's friend's daughter and not because of anything else! Is this the way you are taught in your so called village Miss Jalandhar?!"

"Stop it Avni!" said Aunty but Avni appeared to have lost her patience in handling Pinky, seeing my brother continuously talking with her made her much more angry.

"Don't be so possessive Avni! She's just like my little sister!!" said Jatin.
'Your little sister? My ass!!' I was angry hearing my brother compare Pinky with me "I am not like her!" I whispered.

Somehow Jatin managed to calm her down "come on lets go out for sometime!" He said dragging her along with him.

Pinky, a shameless, arrogant bitch did not bother to leave us all alone. She was still seated there authoritatively. Aunty couldn't do much, 'guess she's bound by the commitment to Uncle Dinesh!' I wondered seated there facing Pinky on one side and Aunty on the other.

Around eight thirty, Jatin and Avni were back home with a brick of my favourite chocolate  chip ice cream "wow I love this!" Pinky again intruded and forcefully grabbed that packet from my brother.
'What's happening in here? I don't want to be here anymore!'

Jatin gestured me with his eyes to not react and so I had kept quiet.
"Let's have dinner first, then we shall have ice cream! What say Lekha?" Aunty asked me holding my chin.

"Okay Aunty!"
'Seriously I'm done taking this crap of Pinky...just wanna finish off dinner and wanna go back home!' I thought with a yawn slipping out of my mouth unwillingly.

"Feeling sleepy already?"
"Yes Aunty! Feeling too tired as well!" I replied.

"Lekha! Listen, me and Avni are planning to watch a movie, we shall be back before eleven...so shall I drop you home before that?!" asked Jatin.

"Come on Jatin how can you let her be home alone, let her sleep here till you guys come back. You can pick her up after dropping off Avni!" Aunty intervened.

Jatin agreed to it instantly but nobody was ready to listen to what I wanted.
'I don't wanna be here Jatin...at least hear me out dammit!!'

It appeared nobody cared for me, I still felt like an outsider in the midst of all these people whom I knew right from my childhood. Aunty wasn't like this back in Hyderabad, 'what happened to her? Why is Avni so self-centered? Is this how these people were right from the beginning or is it now they have turned this way? May be i never really got a chance to know them so well! Amma always was with me...!'
So many thoughts began erupting in my subconscious mind as I lay on the bed in the guest bedroom upstairs after having dinner. Jatin and Avni disappeared even before I could finish eating. Aunty had switched on the air conditioner but I wasn't feeling comfortable, there was a sense of forceful confinement in there, I was even feeling a little breathless. I immediately puffed in my medicine that I always carry with me, still there was no improvement so I switched off the AC, opened the windows to get some fresh air. As expected the wind was warm but I was relaxed taking in a few deep breathes. I even opened the bedroom door to keep the air flow and lay back on the bed. With so many thoughts that still harboured my mind I was unable to calm it. I then  decided not think of these people anymore and instead I began planning on how to organize, decorate a wedding celebration, which was my favourite hobby, I very often keep sketching in my small sketch books different types of floral decorations,  write down minute details on how to plan a wedding. 'I wish to become a wedding planner some day!! Or at least help out some of my friends in decorating!' With these thoughts that amused me my eyes were slowly turning heavy forcing me to close them that inturn made me visualize my thoughts but within a minute or so I slept.

I opened my eyes in my bedroom that next morning while I was still wearing the previous night's dress that smelled odd 'yuck! I need a shower immediately!' Without wasting a minute I jumped out of my bed and ran in the bathroom. 'Need to get out of these stinky clothes first!' Brushing my teeth first I then stood under the cold water shower naked. Wrapping myself in a towel I walked out of the bathroom when I heard the door bell ringing.
"Jatin are you opening the door?" I shouted from my bedroom. There was no response, I peeked out from behind the bedroom door only to find the living room empty but then the door bell again started ringing.

"Coming...coming!" I yelled and ran to the door. Opening the door I saw Aarya standing there.

"Jatin isn't home!" I said from behind the main door.

"I know thats the reason I came now, its you I came to talk with!" He replied and barged in. He then closed the door and bolted it from inside. I was taken aback with his advances. He came close to me, and all of a sudden began kissing my lips. I was scared, grabbing the opportunity I kicked him and pushed him aside with a loud scream that inturn made me open my eyes only to realize that I was still at Deeksha Aunty's home with Jatin standing in front of me.

"What happened? Why did you scream? I was just trying to wake you up! Come on let's go home!" He said.

I checked my watch that showed 10:45 p.m. Wiping off the sweat on my forehead, I got down without saying anything and in a minute Jatin drove us off both from there while I was still in a state of shock.

***

Hey guys, what do you think of this chapter? Did you find out from the previous chapter that Aarya returned home at 11 p.m. and how cum he saw Lekha still sleeping in that bedroom while she was all ready gone?
Please do vote and comment on this part too.
Thank you
Sujatha