Not Quite A Fairytale ch 4

Start from the beginning

"I...er...came to see you."

We both turned to Tarynn who was listening eagerly. She finally took the hint. "Oh right, you want me to leave?"

"Yes."

"I'll be,er, upstairs." she said laughing

Jared laughed to but stop when his focus returned to me.

"Look, after the fundraiser I just wanted to tell you how I feel."

"Why? It's not like it mattered to you. I know all about you, Jared."

"I'm not sure I know what you mean...?"

"We hardly know each other and out of no where you tried to kiss me? I bet you've tried that on every single girl you've dated."

"Wait, what? What are you talking about?"

"Jordan told me everything."

"Jordan. And you believed her? You know how she is." he said, coming closer.

I stepped away from him.

"I didn't just hear it from her. I knew all that way before. Everyone knows."

"Have you ever thought that maybe they're just rumors? That they aren't even true?"

"Are they?"

"Some are some aren't. But if you knew all that, then how come you said yes when I asked you out?"

"I...erm...you didn't ask me out."

"Come on, Taylor, I practically did. Why did you say yes?"

I searched my head for an answer but not a single reasonable one came to mind.

"Because....I...thought that I liked you to, I guess."

"So you mean you don't?" his amazingly gorgeous face turned sad. I felt guilty. I didn't even ask his side of the story and straight away believed Jordan of all people!

"I'm not saying anything-"

He came even closer and kissed me. I wanted to pull away but for some reason, I didn't. So I kissed him back.

What felt like hours passed and he finally pulled away.

"Do you still want to, like, be together properly? Or-"

"I don't know if I can trust you or not. I'm sorry."

He sighed. "I'll give you time to think about it then, but I will prove it to you that you can trust me."

"Good luck with that!"

My sister, for some reason, decided to come downstairs at this moment , which was probably Jared's cue to leave.

"So, I'll see you later?"

"Err yeah. Okay, bye!"

As I closed the front door, Tarynn looked at me with an annoying grin on her face.

"I see things were getting slightly heated down here..." she said, still smiling

"Shut up, you don't know what you're talking about."

(The next day...)

Drew's POV

"Your teacher says you should, erm, continue w..what was on the board so, I think you should open Microsoft Word and, erm, copy down what's on the board? I think....."

I yawned as the I.T supply teacher rambled on even though it was clear she had no idea what she was doing. I looked around and saw the whole class busy texting, talking and emailing each other. It seemed that no one was paying attention and buy the looks of Jared, he wasn't paying attention either. He kept looking at Taylor who was on the computer in front of him. They kept smiling at each other so I thought that something happened between them that I didn't know about.

The supply teacher, or as she would like to be called, Mrs G. Way, was still fumbling around her files checking if the students were doing the right work. Mrs G. Way. Yeah right! Like that's her real name.

"Looks like she's a rock music fan." I said to Jared

"Yeah...apparently her name's Miss Hinchcliff or something. She was here last year and besides no one is going to think she's married to anyone in My Chemical Romance." he replied still smiling at Taylor who was smiling back at him.

Gosh, this was getting annoying!

"So what's up with you two?"

"Huh?" he said, finally snapping back to reality.

"You and Taylor. What's up with you guys?"

"Oh nothing." Yeah right(!) Like I was going to believe that.

"It's kinda obvious with you two constantly looking and smiling at each other. You might as well tell me now."

He sighed heavily, "Sheesh! Nosy much? And anyway nothing really happened. Just stuff...whatever." he said, while tapping on the table.

I raised my eyebrow at his tapping. After 5 years of being friends you'd think that he knew that I knew when he was lying.

"Do you really think I believe that, dude?"

He laughed this time so I guessed he was going to tell me now.

"Okay, fine. We just...y'know...made out...or whatever."

"Seriously?! Woah."

"Actually, forget I said anything."

"Too late," I laughed. "That's pretty awesome. So are you guys like, official, now or-"

"No..well, not yet anyway."

"If it's anything Jordan said-"

"It was but I cleared all that up with her."

"Cool." I was genuinely happy for him. I mean that was pretty big for someone like Jared, with all the girl's he's dated, it seemed like Taylor would be the first that he actually liked.

I remembered what Richard told me. I became unsure if I should tell Jared or not. He looked pretty happy and being the one to ruin that didn't really spell out good news for you. I decided to tell him anyway, before he heard it from Richard or even worse, Ryan.

"Hey, Jared? I've been meaning to tell you-"

"Yep?"

"Err...Richard..saw what was going to happen between you and Taylor at the fundraiser and he kinda gave me a warning about you two."

His face turned annoyed.

"Jeez, Drew. We've been over this. I couldn't care less! Let that lapdog Richard do what he wants.

"Ryan knows as well."

"So? He's just all talk. They all are."

He turned his attention to the computer screen and pretended to be paying attention to "Mrs G Way".

I began to wonder if it was he right time to tell him.

Jared's POV

Drew needs to know when he should mind his own business. I mean, he knows that what Ryan thinks is his problem. I kind of felt sorry for Ryan. All that hate for no reason. It was actually kind of sad.

Anyway, all I had to focus on was getting Taylor to trust me. I needed to show her that everything Jordan was saying wasn't true. That wasn't me. Well, not anymore.