chapter 19

*Finn's POV* Well, today's the day that I'm gonna propose... for the second time. I mean, she already said yes once. It's not like she can reject me the second time, right? I hope not, because I don't know how to live without her. I planned a dinner tonight at this really fancy restaurant. It's so fancy that I can't even pronounce the name... Yeah, so it's almost time to go. I have the ring, my keys, my phone, my wallet... Yes, I have to remember to bring my wallet. Trust me, you only forget it once. That's enough. Alright, well I'm ready. I think Rach is... I'll just go check.

Finn: Rachel! You ready yet?
Rachel: No! If I was, I'd already be down there don't you think?
Finn: You know what I mean! Are you almost ready?
Rachel: Just about... Give me a second, I just have to put on my shoes.
Finn: Ok...
Rachel: Annnnnd.... Done!
Finn: Ok, let's go!

*In the car*
Rachel: So where are you taking me?
Finn: I told you, it's a surprise.
Rachel: That's no fair!
Finn: How so?
Rachel: Well...
Finn: That's what I thought..
Rachel: Seriously... I've never been out here.
Finn: Trust me... I know where I'm going! Just calm down.
Rachel: Fine... But let's turn on the radio... It's too quiet in here.
Finn: Fine, what do you want to listen to?
Rachel: I don't care... Anything.
*Finn turns on the radio and Faithfully starts playing*
Finn: *looks at Rachel and smiles*
Rachel: It's our song...
Finn: Yeah... *starts singing*
Rachel: *singing too*
*Song ends*
Finn: I love you.
Rachel: I love you too... and that song makes me realize it even more. Finn, I don't want to be without you ever again.
Finn: Same here... But, guess what! We're here!
Rachel: Rag-- Rage... How do you pronounce this place?
Finn: I have no idea... Let's just go.
Rachel: Ok!

*They go inside and sit down... They order and eat and talk about normal stuff...*

*Finn's POV* I don't know why, but I'm really nervous. I've come to a decision that I'm going to wait until we finish eating, then I'm going to take her to the park. It would be weird to get down and propose in front of all of these people who I don't know, so I'll just wait. I get out my wallet and pay. Then we drive to the park and start walking around.

Finn: I told you that you wouldn't see it coming.
Rachel: What are you talking about?
Finn: *gets down on one knee*
Rachel: Oh my god...
Finn: Honestly, I don't think I can top the first time I proposed... That was a killer speech, but I'll try. Rachel, I love you more than life itself... And you know that. You've always known that. We both knew that from the moment I heard you sing in the auditorium senior year that this was going to happen one day. Or, at least I did. I knew that you were something big and that I was going to fall madly in love with you. Hell, I already was. But I was a wimp, and I was too afraid that you hated me... I knew from our first date that I better start stepping it up, because I was going to have to work hard to keep you. And since that day, excluding the year that I didn't have you, I've been as happy as I could ever be. Rach, please, please... Marry me.
Rachel: Finn... *smiles* Yes.
Finn: Really?
Rachel: Yes! I'll marry you!
Finn: Let me get the ring... *puts it on her finger* Rach... *kisses her deeply*
Rachel: *kisses back then pulls away* Second times the charm.
Finn: *smiles* Wanna go home?
Rachel: Yeah, let's go... I still owe you a favor...
Finn: I hope you mean what I think you mean