chapter 10

*The next day...*

*Finn's POV* I have to find a way to get Rachel to trust me again... I meant it when I said I needed her. She's my everything, even if she's not mine... I'm willing to do whatever it takes. Well, not everything. I don't want to hurt her or her boyfriend. I mean, I should probably hate him, but he hasn't done anything to me. I'm actually grateful. He helped Rach through a lot when I wasn't there for her. He must be a pretty good guy. So, other than that, I'll do anything.

*Rachel's POV* I've thought really hard on this... I mean, Brody's great. But I belong with Finn. He was my first love. And I know in my heart that he'll be my last. I just have to find a way to break up with him and not crush him. He really does like me. I like him too, but sometimes that's just not enough. You have to let go sometimes. I learned that the hard way. But, it's made me a stronger person, and maybe he'll get the same lesson from this. I just hope he won't hate me.

Rachel: *calls Brody*
Brody: Hey, Rachel?
Rachel: Yeah, hey... listen, can we meet somewhere? I need to talk to you about something.
Brody: Sure. Yeah, where at?
Rachel: Um, I was thinking the park... but anywhere is fine with me.
Brody: The park's fine. I'll be there in 10... see ya there!
Rachel: Ok, bye.

*At the park*
Rachel: Hey! Brody...
Brody: I know where this is going. Let's just get it over with.
Rachel: So you know I'm breaking up with you...
Brody: Yeah, I could tell when I talked to you on the phone.
Rachel: I'm so sorry. I really like you, it's just...
Brody: It's for that guy isn't it? I saw the way you looked at him the other day. Is that the guy you were engaged to?
Rachel: Yes... it's for him. I love him. I'm so sorry if I hurt you.
Brody: No... I get it. I'm not mad. I used to love a girl like that. I did. And I know what it feels like, so I say go for it. If he loves you as much as you seem to love him, I think you'll be just fine.
Rachel: Brody, thank you so much. I really do like you. Friends?
Brody: Friends.
Rachel: You're a great person Brody... I know that you'll find someone out there for you. Someone better than me who'll love you better than I can.
Brody: I know you're right... It just takes time. Now, stop talking to me, and go get him!
Rachel: *hugs him tight* Thanks!

*Finn's POV* I've thought and thought... I can't bring myself to do it. She's with him now, and I can't bare the thought of hurting either one of them. Maybe we weren't meant to be... Maybe I was wrong. If I hurt her, she'll never forgive me and I'll lose her forever. I can't let that happen. So, I'm going to let her be. I'm going to leave her alone, and if the universe wants us to be together, then we will be. It'll just take time.

*knock on the door*
Finn: *goes to open it* Rachel?
Rachel: Finn! *smiling big* Finn....

*Finn's POV* Wow, the universe sure does act fast...